Marvell’s suite of application processors are designed for low-power and cost sensitive IoT applications, and are highly optimized for home automation, industrial, and wearable applications. Marvell's industry-leading connectivity portfolio anticipates the needs of customers bringing the next wave of IoT products to market.
Purpose-built as part of Marvell’s IoT Application Processor (IAP) family of products, the IAP220 System-on-Chip (SoC) enables the low-power and high-performance computing necessary for many IoT products, and features an ARM® Cortex®-A7 dual core processor.
IAP220 provides fully integrated multimedia support making the SoC well suited to home automation products with a touchscreen and high-level OS, such as smart appliances and security systems. Support includes: 3D graphics engine, display controllers, digital video camera interface, and video encoder and decoder.
As manufacturers develop more feature-rich and increasingly compact connected devices and wearables, demand is rising for power-efficient application processors. Marvell's highly integrated IAP processors and software stack provide OEMs with a comprehensive solution for IoT systems, allowing them to quickly develop innovative products while minimizing the number of components.Linley Gwennap, principal analyst of The Linley Group
Designed for IoT products that operate for long periods of time on the same battery—such as smart watches, fitness bands and other Internet-connected wearable devices with small footprints—the IAP220 SoC is optimized with an ultra-low-power architecture that includes: low voltage operation, multiple power domains, and a small always-on region.
The IAP220's integrated sensor hub enables rapid and low-power sensor input processing, making the SoC ideal for context-aware IoT devices in industrial automation and smart energy management. This has been accomplished with:
- API support for customization and management of various sensors
- Management of all I/O independently from the processor and in a very modular fashion
- Wake up of the CPU only when needed for sensor input
The Marvell IAP140 is a quad-core 64bit application processor System on Chip (SoC) that provides high performance and low power computing for media-centric Internet of Things (IoT) and embedded devices. The IAP140 platform features the latest wireless connectivity. The solution incorporates the performance of a quadcore ARM® Cortex A53, running at 1.2GHz to provide a low cost Linux and Android® IoT platform.
- Quadcore ARM® Cortex A53, up to 1.2 clock speed
- Supports up to 720p display and 1080p video decode
- Supports up to 8MP camera sensor
- Advanced power management and audio codec for power efficiency and audio performance
Putting the Developer Front and Center
Developers can access a complete platform that includes the Marvell Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Connectivity Module, development boards based on both the IAP220 and IAP140, and the Marvell Sensor Board.
With the IoT application software framework Kinoma, the IAP suite offers pre-integrated silicon and software to support rapid prototyping workflows for delivering applications on a wide range of IoT and consumer electronics products.
Kinoma can integrate cloud services, and IoT framework support, for fast prototyping of devices that need to connect to the wider IoT ecosystem.
Application Processor Products
Featuring the IAP140, Marvell’s Andromeda Box Platform integrates Brillo, Google’s operating system based on Android, to help accelerate the development of IoT gateways and edge devices.
- Marvell Launches Advanced Suite of IoT Application Processors for Home Automation, Industrial, and Wearable Applications
- Marvell Unveils Andromeda Box IoT Platform Made for Brillo and Weave Communication Solution
- Marvell’s IAP Family Gets a New Addition (Electronic Design)
- IoT Designs Evolving (Semiconductor Engineering)
- Marvell unveils a suite of IoT application processors (SDTimes)
- Marvell unveils new networking, IoT products at Computex (Telecompaper)
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.