The Marvell PXA988 platform is a highly integrated ultimate TD-SCDMA communication platform solution that provides high multimedia performance to enable TD-SCDMA smartphone and tablet designs. The industry’s first TD Downlink Dual Carrier (DLDC) TD-HSPA+ dual-core system-on-chip (SOC) platform, the PXA988 combines dual ARM Cortex A9 application processors with low-power optimization and Marvell’s mature and proven 3G technology to enable low-cost Linux, Android, and Windows Mobile handset platforms.
- The evolution of Marvell’s proven single chip TD-SCDMA solutions, featuring a TD-HSPA+ R8 modem supporting dual-carrier aggregation and an application processor with ARMv7 dual cores supporting up to 1.2 GHz each for low-power applications, with high-performance for browsing, and Java applets
- A fully integrated cellular platform solution with extensive IOT, GCF, and carrier field testing
- Comprehensive multimedia features, including video, high-performance 3D graphics capability, audio, and an integrated image processor
- The PXA988 is pin-to-pin compatible with the PXA986, the correspondent platform on WCDMA, effectively reducing the costs for OEM design cycles, minimizes design resources and decreases time to market (TTM).
PXA988 BLOCK DIAGRAM
Recent PXA988 News
- Marvell is the First to Announce Breakthrough Single Unified 3G Platform Supporting TD-SCDMA and WCDMA: Increasing Global Footprint and Reducing OEM Investment
Mobile devices are enabling consumers to access digital content anytime, anywhere and in any format. Learn how Marvell helps enable seamless connectivity. Learn More
Marvell and its partners provide innovative and customized SoC products. Contact your local sales office for information on solutions tailored to your business needs.