Marvell is passionate and committed to inspiring and empowering people around the world with innovation and technology. From the creation of energy efficient products for customers, to the choices made in day-to-day operations, the Company believes it can make great strides to solve and promote solutions for some of the world’s most fundamental and pressing issues such as education, healthcare, and environmental concerns.
As one of the world’s largest fabless semiconductor companies, Marvell believes in the corporate commitment and responsibility for global activities/events that impact the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders, and all other members of the public. For Marvell, Corporate Citizenship is the inclusion of public interest into corporate decision making and the honing of a triple bottom line: people, planet and profit.
Marvell employees have a long history of demonstrating generosity when crises strike around the globe. Whether it is a disaster relief initiative, a food drive, or a holiday giving program, Marvell employees show compassion to help communities in need.
During the holiday season, the Company hopes to make a difference in the community by joining the worldwide campaign against childhood hunger with a new employee giving program, Marvell’s Peas Corps. In cooperation with Second Harvest Food Bank and Feeding America, Marvell's Peas Corps will help raise much-needed food and monetary donations directed specifically to the nutritional needs of infants and toddlers. Childhood hunger is a preventable tragedy and Marvell employees are making a difference.
Marvell and its co-founders are committed to uniting education and technology. In early 2009, the Marvell founders made a cornerstone donation to help complete the new headquarters for the Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) at the University of California, Berkeley. CITRIS will help create information technology solutions for many of the world’s most pressing social, environmental and healthcare concerns.
Environment and Innovation
Marvell applies its technology and expertise to help address some of the world’s greatest environmental challenges. The Company recognizes that everyone has a responsibility to save energy and reduce the world’s carbon footprint. As such, Marvell is committed to developing and implementing green technology as both a supplier and user of IT technology.
Marvell Smart Technology: Marvell was the first to market with a DSP-based power factor correction (PFC) controller for AC-DC power supplies that have been designed to significantly cut PC energy usage and help reduce the carbon footprint.
As a member of Climate Savers Computing Initiative, a not-for-profit, green organization of eco-conscious consumers, businesses, and conservation organizations, Marvell has made a commitment to take an active part in advocating for and advancing the development of energy-saving green technology in the computing market.
In 2005, Marvell began an energy-savings program to substantially reduce energy consumption at its U.S. headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
Marvell is an active member of several key industry organizations in support of global initiatives:
- Environmental Defense Fund: Leading national not-for-profit organization, linking science, economics and law to create innovative, equitable and cost-effective solutions to society's most urgent environmental problems.
- Global Semiconductor Association (GSA): Association providing a platform for collaboration to accelerate the growth and increase the return on invested capital of the global semiconductor industry by fostering a more effective fabless ecosystem through collaboration, integration and innovation.
- Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA): Premier trade association representing the U.S. semiconductor industry helping to shape public policy on issues critical to the industry, including protecting the environment.
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SLVG): Organization involving principal officers and senior managers of member companies in a cooperative effort with local, regional, state, and federal government officials to address major public policy issues affecting the economic health and quality of life in Silicon Valley.
- TechAmerica: Leading voice for the U.S. technology industry and the driving force behind productivity growth and jobs creation in the U.S. and the foundation of the global innovation economy.
- TechNet: Preeminent bipartisan political network of CEOs and senior executives from leading U.S. technology companies, representing the nation’s drivers of innovation in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, clean technology, biotechnology, and finance.
- US-China Green Energy Council (UCGEC): Not-for-profit organization to facilitate and sponsor high impact Green Energy collaborative initiatives and projects between the U.S. and China. Serve as a platform for the integration of policy, business, investment, research and educational projects for the two countries.
Good Business Sense
Whether it relates to environmental sustainability, community or educational issues, Marvell takes a comprehensive approach to managing its impact on local communities and the environment. The Company’s commitment to Corporate Responsibility not only benefits people and the planet, it is good for our business.
Manager, Corporate Communications