Marvell Wins 2011 Best Electronic Design Award
Recently announced G.hn transceiver chipset wins "Best Wired Product" category in Electronic Design's top honors
Santa Clara, California
(December 16, 2011) –
Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today announced it won a 2011 Best Electronic Design Award for its recently-announced ITU-T G.hn compliant transceiver chipset. Hosted annually by Electronic Design magazine, staff editors select winners in fifteen categories spanning technology, products and standards. Marvell won the ‘Best Wired Product’ category. Readers select additional winners for best ideas in design and a hall of fame.
“We rely on the expertise of our staff and contributing editors to ferret out the best of the many new technologies, products and standards that we have seen and written about over the past 12 months,” said Joe Desposito, Electronic Design’s editor-in-chief. “These guys are in the trenches every day covering this industry and they know about all the great new innovations that have been introduced in the last year.”
“Without a doubt, Marvell’s ITU-T G.hn-compliant transceiver chipset solves the wired home networking challenge,” said Lou Frenzel, Electronic Design’s communications editor.
Marvell’s G.hn solution enables complete unification of the home wireline network for distributing more content to more screens in more rooms in the home. With up to a 1 Gbps wire data rate, the chipset is the ideal solution for the wireline distribution of bandwidth-intensive and real-time applications such as HD IPTV, VoIP, gaming, multi-room DVR and beyond.
“Marvell is honored to have received this mark of distinction from Electronic Design, especially so soon after announcing the product in the marketplace,” said Dr. Gani Jusuf, Vice President of Product Development, Communications and Consumer Business Group at Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. “We believe this product has exceptional potential based on its ability to deliver optimal networking solutions for a broad range of applications in consumer electronics and service provider environments. In addition, the G.hn chipset is a linchpin in our connected home portfolio, enabling our customers to offer an immersive home network experience in an increasingly crowded market.”
- Full home coverage and very high robustness expected data rates up to four times faster than legacy technologies
- G.hn provides high performance over any wire medium, including coax, phoneline and powerline in a single chipset
- Optimized for HD IPTV
- Support for bridging, smart repeating, full TCP/IP stack, IP-Multicast
- Embedded TR-069 and TR-111 remote management clients
- Security designed to meet contemporary threat model and strict power management
- Global standards-based technology promotes worldwide acceptance in the marketplace
- Coexistence with legacy products, including millions of deployed UPA devices
- Interoperability with any G.hn baseband bandplans (25, 50, 100 MHz)
- Field-proven SPIRIT firmware with powerful API to help reduce time to market and while enabling broad customization for any specific application
- Product information: http://www.marvell.com/wireline-networking/ghn/
- Marvell media materials: http://www.marvell.com/company/press_kit/
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell's diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure, including enterprise, metro, home and storage networking. As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.
Marvell and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.