Marvell's 'Connected Lifestyle' Total Solutions at CES 2012 Spotlight Complete Suite of Silicon and Software Platforms for OEMs
Marvell’s trends for CES 2012: Google TV, nexus of mobility, digital entertainment and cloud services creating new consumer categories
Santa Clara, California
(January 9, 2012) –
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, will highlight at CES 2012 its complete suite of silicon and software solutions that enable today’s consumers to enjoy the “connected lifestyle.” With its announcements and demonstrations at CES, Marvell remains at the forefront of innovative silicon design and software development, providing a rich environment for manufacturers to produce the next generation of devices designed to connect all aspects of consumers’ lives – whether at home, at work or on-the-go.
“Marvell is driving a convergence between mobile devices, digital entertainment and the cloud that I believe will forever change the way consumers produce, use and share information. This new connected lifestyle will be one of the biggest consumer trends to come along in years,” said Weili Dai, Co-founder of Marvell. “I’m very proud of Marvell’s pioneering role in this broad consumer transformation. We’ve invested for several years and now driving this convergence across our broad technology portfolio. The fruits of our foresight can be seen in the new wave of ARMADA-based smartphones and tablets, smart TVs, cloud services and consumer devices being shown at CES 2012. Thanks to the rapid adoption of Smartphones and tablets by consumers around the world, the stage has been set for a new wave of connected devices for the home and business, including truly smart TVs, media walls and intelligent appliances.”
Marvell at CES
Marvell’s latest technologies will be showcased at CES, Jan. 10-14, 2012. To see demonstrations and learn more, show attendees and media can visit the Marvell booth, located in the South Hall Upper Level, Booth 30542. New products and demonstrations include:
- Mobile Technology: Mobility lies at the heart of a seamlessly connected lifestyle. A consumer wants access to their content anytime, anywhere and on various platforms, from smartphones to digital TVs – even in the car. At the same time, the technology that has led to incredible advances in mobile over the past decade – for example, low power processing and wireless – is now revolutionizing new areas of consumer electronics and creating new markets.
At CES, Marvell will unveil several new end-to-end silicon solutions that demonstrate how mobile technology is improving consumers’ lives, including the advanced ARMADA dual-core processor that incorporates core-morphing technology enabling the chip to power up or power down depending on needed performance, and its Smart Energy Platforms, which integrate industry-leading Wi-Fi with energy-efficient silicon solutions to bring the promise of mobile to smart devices in the home.
Marvell will also showcase new products that are powered by its leading mobile application and communications processors, including the One Laptop per Child’s XO 3.0 tablet.
- Digital Entertainment Technology: Mobility has given consumers access to content from wherever they’d like. The next phase of the seamlessly connected lifestyle is delivering digital content however they’d like, on their screen of choice. With transparent connectivity between various devices in the home ecosystem, when it comes to digital entertainment, Marvell’s integrated hardware / software solutions are at the core of a revolution, delivering exceptional performance with minimal energy requirements.
At CES, Marvell will demonstrate its new revolutionary ARMADA 1500-based “Foresight Platform,” which has been designed into the new Google TV, offering an exceptional television and multimedia experience for the next generation of Smart TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players and beyond. From HD and 3D streaming video to immersive sound, the services consumers have come to love – such as Netflix, Pandora, YouTube and Picasa – can now arrive lighting fast, crystal clear and seamlessly transferable to any device.
- Cloud Services Technology: Connected living goes hand in hand with an ‘always-on’ status, causing new products, applications and services to increasingly rely on the Internet. As consumers become increasingly more agile in their use of the cloud, service providers must scale to accommodate the immediate and secure transfer of large amounts of data to and from devices. Marvell offers the high-performance storage technology to keep consumers and businesses alike within easy, reliable range of the data that keeps them connected, entertained and profitable. For both enterprise and home networks, Marvell’s advantages include increased capacity without expensive investments in servers, storage and networking infrastructure.
At CES, Marvell is unveiling the SMILE Plug, the first plug development kit designed to turn a traditional classroom into a highly interactive learning environment. Developed in collaboration with Stanford, the SMILE Plug creates a “micro cloud” within a classroom that is completely controlled by the teacher, enabling interactive, multimedia curricula for a more engaging learning experience.
Marvell will also demonstrate the Newton 88NV9145, the world’s first native PCIe SSD controller, designed to enable datacenters to facilitate new applications and deliver a superior consumer experience.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell's diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure, including enterprise, metro, home and storage networking. As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.
Marvell and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Marvell In The News
- Marvell Aims To Enable 25 GbE Adoption
- Marvell ICs Ease Data Center Path To 25G
- State-Of-The-Art Standards: G.hn