Marvell Previews New Kinoma Application Platform at CES 2014, Advancing the Company's IoT Offerings
Inaugural product developed with new application platform, home media streaming app Kinoma Connect, furthers Marvell's connected lifestyle strategy
Las Vegas and Santa Clara, California
(January 6, 2014) –
Kinoma Connect, a home media streaming app, is Marvell’s first application developed with the new Kinoma open software platform.
- Industry standards: The app supports industry standards exclusively, because the home is a multi-vendor environment where consumers expect their electronics and mobile devices to work together. Kinoma Connect elegantly streams video, music, podcasts and photos to smart TVs and connected speakers that support DLNA, the most widely adopted home streaming standard in the world.
- High performance: Kinoma Connect makes home media streaming fun with its fast, responsive, and fluid user interface focused on content exploration.
- Innovation on the consumer experience: Kinoma Connect introduces a world first in mobile-to-TV functionality: users can pan and zoom around photos on TVs supporting DLNA.
Device manufactures and content providers can license Kinoma Connect to customize the app as part of their product line ecosystems.
"Marvell's Connected Lifestyle strategy is about making each individual device great, and making those devices work well together. This is the true potential of the Internet of Things. Our Kinoma application platform solves the challenges of reliably and efficiently connecting devices, giving product developers a significant advantage over their competitors," commented Peter Hoddie, Marvell's Kinoma VP.
Meet at CES 2014
Mr. Hoddie will further address home streaming solutions on the CES panel, “The NexGen Entertainment Home Experience,” taking place Wednesday January 8, 12:00-1:00PM. Visit http://ow.ly/rXARs for more information.
Customers and members of the media are invited to receive a demo of Kinoma Connect. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting in Marvell's suite at CES.
The Kinoma group creates great consumer electronics products, and helps others rapidly prototype and create products themselves. The tightly integrated design and engineering team is situated within semiconductor giant Marvell. Marvell acquired Kinoma in 2010 because of the team’s proven heritage in software architected for high performance on everything from phones and tablets, to the "Internet of Things" (IoT). For more information, visit www.kinoma.com.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world’s most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, Kinoma and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Marvell In The News
- Bluetooth Mesh, Far-field Voice Processing, and More at CES 2016
- Automotive Ethernet Was The Hidden Trend At CES 2016
- Internet Of Things Microcontroller Is Google Weave Ready