Marvell Drives Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle End-to-End Solutions at Mobile World Congress 2014 by Showcasing New 4G LTE Mobile Devices, SSD-Class Mobile Storage, Kinoma and Other Consumer Applications
Marvell delivers its expansive suite of mobile devices with global tier-one manufacturers including Samsung, Lenovo, Yulong Coolpad, Hisense, as well as publicly releases the Kinoma Connect mobile application
Santa Clara, California
(February 18, 2014) –
Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today announced its industry-leading, comprehensive suite of silicon and software platform solutions to enhance the ‘Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle’ at Mobile World Congress 2014, being held Monday, Feb. 24 – Thursday, Feb. 27 in Barcelona, Spain. At this year’s event, Marvell is showcasing one of the industry’s most innovative silicon designed solutions, specifically displaying several global top tier OEMs new 4G LTE smartphones powered by Marvell, the new Kinoma® consumer application, Kinoma Connect, and the industry leading eMMC controller with SSD-class ultra-high performance and robust mobile storage solution, and extended printing solutions including mobile printing all furthering today’s “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle” for users across the globe.
“With our proven track record as a pioneer inventor and design innovator in leading the technology to drive the ‘Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle,’ I am very appreciative and proud of Marvell’s contribution to 4G LTE and continued partnership with the vast mobile ecosystem – from tier one carriers to the top OEMs worldwide. Since our establishment, Marvell steadily is committed to bringing end-to-end silicon and software platforms that enable leading OEMs and ODMs deliver high performance, low-power, and affordable products to the masses for better lives for all,” said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. “I’m very pleased to see our innovative and differentiated Kinoma software, empower a growing number of mobile handsets, home entertainment devices, mobile storage, mobile printing, and Internet-of-Things (IoT) with seamless connectivity and ease of use for the ‘Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle.’ We will continue our commitment to lead the industry with invention, innovation, and dedication for making positive impacts to the billions of consumers around the world.”
Further Building Marvell’s Momentum of Industry-Leading 4G LTE Solutions: Empowering the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle” with Mass Market Smartphones
- Samsung Launches Galaxy Win Pro Smartphone for China Mobile Powered by Marvell’s ARMADA Mobile PXA1088 Quad-Core Platform – The Samsung Galaxy Win Pro smartphone for China Mobile launches with power by Marvell’s ARMADA® Mobile PXA1088 Quad-Core Platform. Marvell’s field-proven unified multi-core 3G mobile platform solution enables Samsung’s latest world phone, the Galaxy Win Pro, to serve China Mobile’s vast subscriber base with global WCDMA roaming capability.
- Marvell’s Mobile LTE Solution to Power Lenovo’s First TD-LTE Advanced Smartphone – The leading global electronics manufacturer Lenovo has launched its first TD-LTE smartphone, the A788T for China’s more than one billion mobile users. The smartphone is powered by the Marvell ARMADA Mobile PXA1088LTE, a highly integrated quad-core application and communications mobile System-on-Chip (SoC). The Lenovo A788T smartphone supports three modes, Time Division Long-Term Evolution (TD-LTE), Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA), and Global Systems for Mobile (GSM) and the latest Android Jelly Bean and is available for consumers to enjoy today.
- Yulong Coolpad and Marvell Continue Close Collaboration in 4G LTE with the Latest Launch of the Coolpad 8705 Smartphone – Marvell and China’s leading smartphone manufacturer, Yulong Coolpad, launched a new TD-LTE entry-level 4G smartphone, the Yulong Coolpad 8705, for the China market. Featuring Marvell’s highly integrated quad-core application and communications mobile System-on-Chip (SoC), the ARMADA Mobile PXA1088LTE, Yulong Coolpad’s newest 4G smartphone supports all of China’s most popular modes: Time Division Long-Term Evolution (TD-LTE), Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) and Global Systems for Mobile (GSM). The Coolpad 8705 smartphone joins the current list of Marvell-powered Yulong Coolpad LTE products.
- Hisense Launches High Performance and Affordable TD-LTE Smartphone Powered by Marvell for China’s Mass Mobile Market – Marvell partners with Hisense, a leading Chinese electronics manufacturer, to launch the 4G X8T LTE smartphone for the one thousand RMB LTE market. Hisense’s latest smartphone will feature Marvell’s ARMADA Mobile PXA1088 LTE single-chip solution, Marvell’s advanced Avastar® 88W8777 (Wi-Fi/BT 4.0/FM), 88RF838 and 88RF858 (RF), 88L1000 (GPS) and PM820 (audio/power management).
- Kinoma Connect, a Free App, Shares Your Favorite Content to a World of Smart TVs and Connected Speakers – Marvell publicly releases Kinoma Connect, a home media streaming app free for download for iOS and Android. With Kinoma Connect, favorite podcasts, music, videos and photos can be played to smart TVs and connected speakers that support DLNA, the most widely adopted home streaming standard in the world.
- Marvell Delivers End-to-End Complete Mobile Solutions by Introducing Industry Leading SSD-Class eMMC Controller for the Fast Growing Mobile Storage Market – Marvell launches its industry leading SSD-Class eMMC Controller for the fast growing mobile storage market, the new 88NV1088 5.0 NAND Flash controller. It supports HS400 high data transfer speed and high capacity point with high reliability and ultra high performance, very low latency and efficient power consumption.
- Marvell Joins the Mopria Alliance as Executive Member to Drive the Next Era of Mobile Printing Solutions – Marvell announced that it has joined the Mopria Alliance as an Executive Member. The company will be working alongside iconic members to bring its decades of mobile printing experience to the alliance, helping to drive the technologies and standards that form the basis for the next generation of powerful, easy-to-use mobile printing solutions.
Marvell’s latest technologies will be showcased at Mobile World Congress 2014, being held Feb. 24 – 27, 2014, at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona. To see demonstrations and learn more, show attendees and media can visit the Marvell booth, located in the Hall App Planet – Hall 8.1, Stand No. CC8.13.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma software enabling the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle.” From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell’s diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world’s most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
###Marvell, the M logo, ARMADA, Kinoma, Avastar and Qdeo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Marvell In The News
- The Business Guru: Weili Dai of Marvell Technology
- Marvell Goes 4K With Android TV Chipset
- Marvell Launches ARMADA 1500 Ultra Platform