Marvell Introduces the Marvell EZ-Connect MW302 IoT Starter Kit Powered by AWS IoT
Marvell's industry-leading MW300/302 Wi-Fi Microcontroller enables engineers, developers, makers and hobbyists to design and bring-to-market IoT devices that connect to AWS IoT Platform
Santa Clara, California (October 8, 2015) – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) — a worldwide leader in providing complete silicon solutions from storage to Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment, in-home content delivery and Kinoma® software enabling the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle” — today announced the new Marvell EZ-Connect™ MW302 IoT Starter Kit powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT, a new platform that makes it easy for devices to connect to AWS services so that companies can store, process, analyze, and act on the volumes of data generated by connected devices on a global scale. Marvell created the Starter Kit powered by AWS IoT to enable developers to easily design smart devices targeted to the full range of IoT applications including: home automation, home security, personal healthcare, smart appliances, lighting, industrial Internet and more. The Marvell IoT Starter Kit powered by AWS IoT features the Marvell EZ-Connect MW300/302 Wi-Fi microcontroller system-on-chip (SoC) and is now available for sale globally.
“Our collaboration with AWS represents Marvell’s continued dedication to innovate and develop optimized solutions to accelerate the growth of the IoT industry,” said Philip Poulidis, Vice President and General Manager, Wireless and Internet of Things Business Units at Marvell. “Now, through Marvell’s EZ-Connect MW302 IoT Starter Kit, our customers gain access to AWS IoT to rapidly develop and bring to market a new wave of innovative, groundbreaking experiences and services for consumers and businesses.”
Marvell has collaborated with AWS to develop the Marvell EZ-Connect MW302 IoT Starter Kit for developers to quickly prototype a product, connect it to AWS IoTplatform , and then use that to develop applications and services that benefit consumers and businesses. The 88MW300/302 Wi-Fi microcontroller SoC, the flagship chip in the Marvell EZ-Connect family, has already been adopted by leading global OEMs to develop a broad range of products including home appliances, thermostats, CO/smoke detectors, toys, wireless storage, HomeKit accessories, and other smart connected products. Marvell has also partnered with leading smart-home platforms including Apple HomeKit. With today’s announcement, Marvell customers will have access to a flexible, scalable, pay-as-you-go AWS IoT cloud service and platform that is trusted by more than one million businesses worldwide. The Marvell solution, combined with AWS, is designed to enable rapid development of IoT products and to accelerate time to market.
The Marvell EZ-Connect MW300/302 Wi-Fi microcontroller is a single-chip SoC with 1x1 802.11n Wi-Fi and full-featured Cortex-M4 microcontroller featuring the following key benefits:
- Secure boot based on hardware root of trust enabling complete, multi-layered security solution to provide secure persistent storage and communications.
- A flexible memory architecture with generous 512kB SRAM and an accelerated flash controller providing memory-mapped access to external QSPI flash enabling IoT devices to be built with full-featured communication protocols, stacks and support integrations into multiple platforms and ecosystems.
- Low-power optimizations enabling deep low-power states and reduced power-consumption in active modes to enable battery-powered applications.
- Very low RBOM requiring only a single crystal, QSPI flash, and antenna with a single input power rail. A QFN package enables low PCB cost.
- Easy interfacing to sensors, actuators, and other components via a full set of I/O interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, PWM, ADC, DAC reducing extra components and PCB footprint.
- Audio and video streaming enabled in any IoT device via a powerful Cortex-M4F CPU with DSP and Floating point support, large SRAM, and high-speed USB 2.0 OTG interface supporting USB Video (UVC) and Audio (UAC).
- Production quality software SDK providing libraries for networking middleware (HTTP, TLS, BSD Sockets, MQTT, Web-Sockets, JSON, XML, etc.), easy connection to Wi-Fi networks, Secure over-the-air (OTA) firmware update, persistent storage, and more. The SDK also includes tools and documentation to facilitate software development and optimizations, and help customers through manufacturing and certifications to bring products to market quickly.
Marvell will be demonstrating its new Marvell EZ-Connect MW302 IoT Starter Kit powered by AWS IoT on Oct. 8 - 9 at AWS re:Invent, in Las Vegas, in booth No. 1150.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma software enabling the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle.” From storage to Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell’s diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world’s most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo and Kinoma are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Marvell EZ-Connect is a trademark of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Marvell In The News
- Korea Telecom Uses Marvell’s G.hn Chip to Develop 1 Gbps Broadband over All Existing Wires in MDUs (Online Reporter)
- Marvell’s IAP Family Gets A New Addition
- A Deeper Look at Marvell's MoChi Technology