Marvell's EZ-Connect MW300/302 Wi-Fi Microcontrollers Recognized As Industry's First Google Weave Enabled MCU Platform
Marvell extends leadership in IoT with Google's Weave Communication protocol to help accelerate the development of Weave enabled IoT devices
Santa Clara, California and Las Vegas, Nevada (January 5, 2016) – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), a world leader in storage, cloud infrastructure, Internet of Things (IoT), connectivity and multimedia semiconductor solutions, today announced that the Marvell EZ-Connect™ MW300 and MW302 Wi-Fi microcontroller system-on-chips (SoCs) will support Google Weave, a communications platform for IoT devices that enables device setup, phone-to-device-to-cloud communication and user interaction from mobile devices and the web. The MW300 family of microcontrollers are highly integrated SoCs that are optimized for IoT applications and come with a comprehensive software development kit that already includes support for Apple HomeKit as well as a number of IoT Cloud platforms including Amazon’s AWS-IoT Service. Marvell’s industry leading EZ-Connect microcontrollers have been adopted by leading global OEMs to develop a broad range of products including home appliances, thermostats, CO/smoke detectors, toys, wireless storage, HomeKit accessories, and other smart connected products. Marvell’s customers will now be able to quickly develop and bring to market products with full support for Google Weave. This announcement comes on the heels of Marvell’s recent introduction of its Andromeda Box™ IoT platform made for Google’s Brillo operating system based on Android, with native support for Weave Protocol. With the addition of Weave enabled end devices to the Brillo OS powered gateway, hub and edge devices, Marvell provides a true end-to-end IoT platform for leading OEMs and developers.
“We are proud to deliver the first Weave enabled MCU device and to further integrate our wireless solutions with Google’s IoT platform,” said Philip Poulidis, Vice President and General Manager, IoT, Automotive and Multimedia Business Units at Marvell. “Our work with Google reflects our leadership in developing next generation of smart IoT devices and we look forward to future collaborations to deliver simple and effective machine-to-machine interactions.”
The Marvell EZ-Connect MW300 and MW302 wireless microcontroller SoCs target a full range of IoT applications including: wearables, home automation, home security, personal healthcare, smart appliances, smart toys, accessories and remote controls, automotive, lighting, industrial Internet and more.
Key features of the Marvell EZ-Connect MW300 Wi-Fi microcontroller include:
- Highly integrated SoC with a powerful Cortex-M4F microcontroller with 802.11n Wi-Fi® radio.
- Secure boot based on hardware root of trust enabling complete, multi-layered security solution to provide secure persistent storage and communications
- A flexible memory architecture with generous 512kB SRAM and an accelerated flash controller providing memory-mapped access to external QSPI flash enabling IoT devices to be built with full-featured communication protocols, stacks and support integrations into multiple platforms and ecosystems
- Low-power optimizations enabling deep low-power states and reduced power-consumption in active modes to enable battery-powered applications
- Very low RBOM requiring only a single crystal, QSPI flash, and antenna with a single input power rail. A QFN package enables low PCB cost
- Easy interfacing to sensors, actuators, and other components via a full set of I/O interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, PWM, ADC, DAC reducing extra components and PCB footprint
- Audio and video streaming enabled in any IoT device via a powerful Cortex®-M4F CPU with DSP and Floating-point support, large SRAM, and high-speed IO interfaces
- Production quality software SDK providing libraries for networking middleware (HTTP, TLS, BSD Sockets, MQTT, Web-Sockets, JSON, XML, etc.), easy connection to Wi-Fi networks, Secure over-the-air (OTA) firmware update, persistent storage, and more
- Tools and documentation to facilitate hardware and software development and optimizations, and help customers through manufacturing and certifications to bring products to market quickly
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma® software enabling the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle.” From storage to cloud infrastructure, Internet of Things (IoT), connectivity and multimedia, Marvell’s diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world’s most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, personal and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo and Kinoma are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Andromeda Box and Marvell EZ-Connect are trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others
Marvell In The News
- Marvell Announces NVMe Controller For DRAM-Less PCIe 3.0 x2 SSDs
- DRAM-less SSD Controller Delivers Up To 1600MB/s Read Speeds
- Marvell Announces 88NV1160 NVMe DRAM-less SSD Controller