Deep Dimming Single Stage AC/DC LED Driver IC
The Marvell solution for the retrofit residential market is based on Marvell 88EM8183, a deep dimming single stage AC/DC LED driver integrated circuit (IC). The 88EM8183 delivers full range dimming with programmable deep dimming down to 1% and the highest compatibility with all types of phase-cut dimmers including leading-edge (TRIAC), trailing-edge and special (smart) dimmers worldwide. It also significantly reduces external components hence needs less board space than other dimmable LED drivers on the market allowing lighting OEMs and ODMs to bring LED lighting to most lighting form factors. The IC also delivers high power factor, high efficiency and low total harmonic distortion. Delivering the same high performance metrics as the 88EM8183, the 88EM8182 supports non-dimming applications.
- A deep dimming single-stage AC/DC constant current controller, designed for offline dimmable LED lighting applications.
- Delivers down 1% deep dimming and the highest compatibility with a wide range of wall box (TRIAC) dimmers.
- The embedded digital core and analog circuit manages dimmer load requirements and thereby eliminates the need to use external bleeder circuits.
- Integrates a high voltage start up power supply circuit, hence eliminates the usage of external start up circuits.
- With its high level of integration, the 88EM8183 significantly reduces the external components required for a dimmable LED driver to 50% fewer competitive solutions. This dramatic reduction in component count produces a small form-factor PCB enabling LED lighting adoption in cost and space challenged applications such as retrofit lamps.
Target ApplicationsThe Marvell 88EM8183 is ideally suited for the following LED lighting applications:
- Retrofit A19, GU-10, PAR and BR lamps
- Downlight, recess, troffer, and panel lighting
- LED modules
Top 10 Award Winner
The superior cost efficiency of the Marvell 88EM8183 chip recently recently won it a Best Application Award of the Top 10 Power Products from Electronic Products China. EPC is one of China's main periodicals in the electronics and power industries.
- Marvell's 88EM8187 LED Controller Delivers Unparalleled Deep Dimming Performance and Industry's Highest Level of Integration
- Marvell Receives 7 American Business AwardsSM Including the People's Choice and Best New Product of the Year
- MSi Launches Marvell-powered LED Family into Retail for 3M
- Marvell and SHARP® Demonstrate Smart Digital LED Lighting System at LIGHTFAIR International 2013
- Marvell Drives Launch of Samsung’s Family of Retail LED Retrofit Bulbs
- 88EM8183 Product Brief
- 88EM8187 Product Brief
- A19 TRIAC-Dimmable LED Driver Evaluation Kit
- Cree A19 LED Platform Brief
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.