88MW300/302 Wi-Fi Microcontroller SoC
The Marvell 88MW300/302 Wi-Fi Microcontroller system-on-chip (SoC) is industry’s first true, highly integrated, low-power chip with a full-featured micro controller built using ARM Cortex-M4F CPU and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi. Designed to support the specific needs of Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications, the SoC is optimized for:
- Simplifying development of IoT devices and their integration with IoT platforms and mobile applications
- Low system cost
- Low-power operation including enabling battery operated devices
- Secure operation
- Enabling feature rich functionality enabling manufacturers to create innovative, differentiated products and services
Key Features and Benefits
- Secure boot based on hardware root of trust enabling complete, multi-layered security solution to provide secure persistent storage and communications.
- A flexible memory architecture with generous 512kB SRAM and an accelerated flash controller providing memory-mapped access to external QSPI flash enabling IoT devices to be built with full-featured communication protocols, stacks and support integrations into multiple platforms and ecosystems.
- Low-power optimizations enabling deep low-power states and reduced power-consumption in active modes to enable battery-powered applications.
- Very low RBOM requiring only a single crystal, QSPI flash, and antenna with a single input power rail. A QFN package enables low PCB cost.
- Easy interfacing to sensors, actuators, and other components via a full set of I/O interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, PWM, ADC, DAC reducing extra components and PCB footprint.
- Audio and video streaming enabled in any IoT device via a powerful Cortex-M4F CPU with DSP and Floating-point support, large SRAM, and high-speed IO interfaces.
- Production quality software SDK providing libraries for networking middleware (HTTP, TLS, BSD Sockets, MQTT, Web-Sockets, JSON, XML, etc.), easy connection to Wi-Fi networks, Secure over-the-air (OTA) firmware update, persistent storage, and more.
- Tools and documentation to facilitate hardware and software development and optimizations, and help customers through manufacturing and certifications to bring products to market quickly.
The 88MW300/302 SoC enables smart connectivity to a broad range of devices such as thermostats, air conditioners, appliances, lighting controls, mobile clients, cloud services, and other devices on the Internet of Things including:
- White goods/appliances: refrigerator, washer, dryer, oven range, microwave, dishwasher, water, heater, air conditioner
- Consumer devices and accessories: toys, speakers, headset, alarm clock, gaming accessory, remote control
- Home automation: smart outlet, light switch, security camera, thermostat, sprinkler controller, sensor, door lock, door bell, garage door, security system
- Personal health devices: weighing scale, glucometer, blood pressure monitor, fitness equipment
- IoT/wearables: coffee pot, rice cooker, vacuum cleaner, air purifier, smart watch, fitness bracelet, pet monitor
- Commercial/industrial: lighting, building automation, asset management, Point of Sale (POS)
- Gateways: Connecting IR, sub-Gig or Legacy RF, Bluetooth Smart, ZigBee, ZWave and other radios to Wi-Fi/IP network
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.