88MW300/302 Wi-Fi Microcontroller SoC
The Marvell® 88MW300/302 Wi-Fi Microcontroller system-on-chip (SoC) is industry’s first true, highly integrated, low-power chip with a full-featured micro controller built using ARM Cortex-M4F CPU and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi. Designed to support the specific needs of Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications, the SoC is optimized for:
- Simplifying development of IoT devices and their integration with IoT platforms and mobile applications
- Low system cost
- Low-power operation including enabling battery operated devices
- Secure operation
- Enabling feature rich functionality enabling manufacturers to create innovative, differentiated products and services
Key Features and Benefits
- Secure boot based on hardware root of trust enabling complete, multi-layered security solution to provide secure persistent storage and communications.
- A flexible memory architecture with generous 512kB SRAM and an accelerated flash controller providing memory-mapped access to external QSPI flash enabling IoT devices to be built with full-featured communication protocols, stacks and support integrations into multiple platforms and ecosystems.
- Low-power optimizations enabling deep low-power states and reduced power-consumption in active modes to enable battery-powered applications.
- Very low RBOM requiring only a single crystal, QSPI flash, and antenna with a single input power rail. A QFN package enables low PCB cost.
- Easy interfacing to sensors, actuators, and other components via a full set of I/O interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, PWM, ADC, DAC reducing extra components and PCB footprint.
- Audio and video streaming enabled in any IoT device via a powerful Cortex-M4F CPU with DSP and Floating-point support, large SRAM, and high-speed IO interfaces.
- Production quality software SDK providing libraries for networking middleware (HTTP, TLS, BSD Sockets, MQTT, Web-Sockets, JSON, XML, etc.), easy connection to Wi-Fi networks, Secure over-the-air (OTA) firmware update, persistent storage, and more.
- Tools and documentation to facilitate hardware and software development and optimizations, and help customers through manufacturing and certifications to bring products to market quickly.
The 88MW300/302 SoC enables smart connectivity to a broad range of devices such as thermostats, air conditioners, appliances, lighting controls, mobile clients, cloud services, and other devices on the Internet of Things including:
- White goods/appliances: refrigerator, washer, dryer, oven range, microwave, dishwasher, water, heater, air conditioner
- Consumer devices and accessories: toys, speakers, headset, alarm clock, gaming accessory, remote control
- Home automation: smart outlet, light switch, security camera, thermostat, sprinkler controller, sensor, door lock, door bell, garage door, security system
- Personal health devices: weighing scale, glucometer, blood pressure monitor, fitness equipment
- IoT/wearables: coffee pot, rice cooker, vacuum cleaner, air purifier, smart watch, fitness bracelet, pet monitor
- Commercial/industrial: lighting, building automation, asset management, Point of Sale (POS)
- Gateways: Connecting IR, sub-Gig or Legacy RF, Bluetooth Smart, ZigBee, ZWave and other radios to Wi-Fi/IP network