Apple HomeKit Software Development Kit
Marvell’s HomeKit SDK is built on top of the field-proven and industry-leading Marvell EZ-Connect Software SDK and greatly simplifies the development of IoT accessories for the home. Hardware manufacturers using Marvell’s SDK save months of development effort and can instead focus their efforts on innovative product features and providing great user experiences.
Hardware SupportMarvell’s HomeKit implementation is available on all the EZ-Connect Wi-Fi Microcontroller platforms. This includes:
88MC200: Cortex-M3 Microcontrollerin conjunction with:
- 88W8801: IEEE 802.11n (1x1) single-band (2.4GHz) Wi-Fi SoC.
- 88W8777: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (1x1) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 SoC.
88MW30x:Integrated Single-Chip Cortex-M4 MCU with IEEE 802.11n (1x1) single-band
Marvell HomeKit SDK Features
Marvell HomeKit SDK implements the full-set of requirements for HomeKit Accessories including Bridge Accessories that enable interfacing to legacy products using RF-protocols like ZigBee. The SDK has been designed and developed to enable OEMs to quickly and easily develop HomeKit-enabled accessories. It includes sample projects to build different types of accessories providing an out-of-the-box experience for developers and a great starting point for customizing to their product’s hardware features.In addition to standard HomeKit features, the Marvell HomeKit SDK also enables developers to:
- Enable Over-the-Air secure, authenticated firmware upgrade
- Provide administrative, device management services
- Interface to cloud-services including to any of a growing list of IoT cloud platforms who have partnered with Marvell
- Enable support for Android users
- Wi-Fi Certification
- HomeKit compliance testing and certifications
- Manufacturing support
HomeKit Enabled Products
SDI Technologies has brought one of the first HomeKit products to market with the iHome iSP5 SmartPlug. Consumers can use Siri or the iHome Control app and Android to control lamps, fans, air-conditioners, and other home devices from anywhere with their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. It is also possible to group several iHome SmartPlugs into individual “scenes” to control multiple connected devices within a home. Additionally, the iHome Control app allows for the creation of custom scenes to control multiple SmartPlugs with a single command, or to create schedules for complete home automation.
“We are delighted to collaborate with Marvell to announce the new iHome Control series of smart home products,” said Gary Schultz, Director of Business and Product Development, SDI Technologies. “Marvell has established itself as a leader in the IoT market and has greatly helped in accelerating our product development and launch. We look forward to continuing our close collaboration with Marvell as we bring additional Smart Android-enabled IoT products to the market.”
- Marvell Continues Leadership in IoT with Comprehensive, Best-In-Class Product Portfolio and Industry Partners
- Marvell's Internet of Things Platform Selected by iHome
- Marvell's IoT Platform is Industry's First to Offer Full HomeKit Support to Hardware Manufacturers
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.