Software Development Kit
Marvell® EZ-Connect™ Software provides a feature-rich software stack that allows OEMs to focus on application-specific software functionality, thus enabling rapid development and reduced software development costs and risks.
Marvell EZ-Connect includes:
- 88W300/302 SoC support and Peripheral Drivers
- FreeRTOS Operating system.
- LwIP Embedded TCP/IP Networking stack supporting TCP/IP v4/IPv6 networking with BSD-socket API’s.
- OS and networking abstraction layer allowing alternate RTOS and TCP/IP stack usage.
- A complete Wi-Fi driver and stack supporting Wi-Fi client mode (802.11 b/g/n depending on the chipset), Wi-Fi Micro-AP mode (supporting 5-10 clients depending on the chipset used), Simultaneous AP/Client mode, Antenna Diversity, WPA-2 PSK security, WPA-2 Enterprise security with EAP-TLS, WPS, and Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), Wake-on-WLAN, and full Wi-Fi power-management.
- Power Management Framework simplifying development of low-power applications
- Overlay manager to enable more efficient memory usage
- Flash storage API, Persistent Storage Manager to store key-value pairs, Read-only file system to serve web-apps, and Flash partition manager to enable flexible partitioning of flash supporting application-specific use-cases.
- Advanced networking middleware including DHCP server, HTTP client, HTTP server, Bonjour (mDNS/DNS-SD) responder and querier, and Web-sockets
- Cryptography Library, AES and CRC, and TLS/SSL Library supporting TLS v1.2 (client and server mode).
- JSON and XML parsers
- Marvell Provisioning Framework to sample provisioning applications on Android and iOS to support simple setup of Wi-Fi devices using Mirco-AP mode with web-server, or using Sniffer mode.
- Apple’s Wireless Accessory Configuration feature using Apple-licensed MFi technology for simplified out-of-the box setup of Wi-Fi devices.
- Marvell application framework to simplify application development.
- Debugging and Development support including serial-console, command-line shell, and support for obtaining information system information like threads, sockets, heap usage, etc.
- Over-the-air (OTA) Firmware upgrade support
- Easy command line Make based build system utilizing GNU ARM Toolchain.
- Support for IAR to develop applications.
- OpenOCD support for JTAG operations including flashing, loading code into RAM, flashing etc.
- Flash programming tools over JTAG and Serial.
- Support for Linux, Windows (Cygwin) and MacOS as host-development platforms
- Support for Eclipse IDE with CDT including JTAG based debugging with integrated Eclipse debugger and GDB
- Sample applications illustrating usage model for different features and API’s.
- Complete production-ready reference applications
- Support for Wi-Fi testing, and applications to test in manufacturing and certifications.
- User-guide and complete reference documentation
- Serial-to-Wi-Fi Firmware application that can be used as-is, or customized as appropriate.
- Integrated support for a growing number of Cloud partners
- Support built in Segger JFLASH for production
Marvell development boards support easy evaluation, software development, and hardware prototyping. Contact your Marvell sales representative to get one.