Software Development Kit
Marvell EZ-Connect Software provides a feature-rich software stack that allows OEMs to focus on application-specific software functionality, thus enabling rapid development and reduced software development costs and risks. Marvell EZ-Connect includes:
- 88MC200 SoC support and Peripheral Drivers
- FreeRTOS Operating system.
- LwIP Embedded TCP/IP Networking stack supporting TCP/IP v4/IPv6 networking with BSD-socket API’s.
- OS and networking abstraction layer allowing alternate RTOS and TCP/IP stack usage.
- A complete Wi-Fi driver and stack supporting Wi-Fi client mode (802.11 b/g/n and 802.11a depending on the chipset), Wi-Fi Micro-AP mode (supporting 5-10 clients depending on the chipset used), Simultaneous AP/Client mode, Antenna Diversity, WPA-2 PSK security, WPA-2 Enterprise security with EAP-TLS, WPS, and Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), Wake-on-WLAN, and full Wi-Fi power-management.
- Power Management Framework simplifying development of low-power applications
- Overlay manager to enable more efficient memory usage
- Flash storage API, Persistent Storage Manager to store key-value pairs, Read-only file system to serve web-apps, and Flash partition manager to enable flexible partitioning of flash supporting application-specific use-cases.
- Advanced networking middleware including DHCP server, HTTP client, HTTP server, Bonjour (mDNS/DNS-SD) responder and querier, and Web-sockets
- Cryptography Library, AES and CRC, and TLS/SSL Library supporting TLS v1.2 (client and server mode).
- JSON and XML parsers
- Marvell Provisioning Framework to sample provisioning applications on Android and iOS to support simple setup of Wi-Fi devices using Mirco-AP mode with web-server, or using Sniffer mode.
- Apple’s Wireless Accessory Configuration feature using Apple-licensed MFi technology for simplified out-of-the box setup of Wi-Fi devices.
- Marvell application framework to simplify application development.
- Debugging and Development support including serial-console, command-line shell, and support for obtaining information system information like threads, sockets, heap usage, etc.
- Over-the-air (OTA) Firmware upgrade support
- Easy command line Make based build system utilizing GNU ARM Toolchain.
- Support for IAR to develop applications.
- OpenOCD support for JTAG operations including flashing, loading code into RAM, flashing etc.
- Flash programming tools over JTAG and Serial.
- Support for Linux, Windows (Cygwin) and MacOS as host-development platforms
- Support for Eclipse IDE with CDT including JTAG based debugging with integrated Eclipse debugger and GDB
- Sample applications illustrating usage model for different features and API’s.
- Complete production-ready reference applications
- Support for Wi-Fi testing, and applications to test in manufacturing and certifications.
- User-guide and complete reference documentation
- Serial-to-Wi-Fi Firmware application that can be used as-is, or customized as appropriate.
- Integrated support for a growing number of Cloud partners
- Support built in Segger JFLASH for production
Marvell's development boards support easy evaluation, software development, and hardware prototyping. Contact your Marvell sales representative to obtain one.
- Marvell 88MC200 Microcontroller Datasheet
- Marvell 88MC200 Product Brief
- Application Notes for the 88MC200
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.