Today's media-rich communications are creating new demands on wired PC and connected devices while requiring deep power savings. Organizations expect their client and server network connections to scale with the growing time-sensitive traffic needs and yet provide reliable connectivity and easy manageability. Home users require rich real-time content access over various Ethernet connected platforms without latency and delays. Marvell, a pioneer in PC connectivity technologies, delivers a complete range of solutions that provide such new levels of power savings, manageability and quality of service for PCs and Embedded platforms.
Designed for LAN on Motherboard (LOM) and embedded applications, Marvell's connectivity products draw on the company's track record of innovation. The Marvell suite of PC and Embedded connectivity solutions feature:
- Deep power saving modes and footprint reduction innovations.
- Pin-compatible products with a single driver to quickly roll-out and enable the latest technologies.
- Easy to set up quality of service with standards based Audio video Bridging (AVB)
- Management tools, such as the Marvell Virtual Cable Tester (VCT) as well as ASF and DASH
- MACSec standards based hop-to-hop security
Marvell's PC connectivity solutions include the Yukon product family, Alaska PHY and the 88SB2211 PCI bridge.
Yukon PCI Express Ethernet Controllers
The Marvell Yukon connectivity solutions are designed for LAN on motherboard (LOM) and embedded platforms. Optimized for deep power-savings and rich with standards based features such as Audio Video Bridging (AVB), ASF, DASH and MACSec, the Yukon products support the broadest range of mobile, desktop, server and embedded applications.
Gigabit Ethernet Products
- Yukon Ultra II 8E8057 controller
- Yukon Optima 88E8059 with AVB support
- Yukon Extreme 88E8070 with ASF and MACSec support
- Yukon Supreme 88E8075 with DASH support
- Yukon II 88E8062 PCI Express x4 Dual Port controller
Fast Ethernet Products
- Yukon FE+ 88E8040 Controller
The Marvell single-chip 88ALP01 is a triple-function device for PCI local bus systems, designed to address high-performance, low-power system requirements. The 88ALP01 integrates a NAND flash controller, an SD/SDIO host controller, and a CMOS camera interface controller. The device is ideally suited for laptop computing devices and other embedded applications.
PCI Bridge Solution
The Marvell 88SB2211 is a low-cost, flexible bridge solution for PCI Express (PCIe) to PCI connectivity. Designed for embedded applications, it can be used for many applications, including:
- Upgrading legacy PCI-based cards while maintaining backwards compatibility
- Adding a PCIe device to an embedded host platform that only supports PCI
- Adding multiple PCI devices to embedded host platforms that only support PCIe
The 88SB2211 is also compatible with Marvell TopDog™ 802.11n PCIe modules and Yukon PCIe Gigabit Ethernet NICs.
- Yukon FE+ 88E8040 Product Brief
- Yukon Ultra II 88E8057 Product Brief
- Yukon 88E8059
- 88SB2211 Datasheet
- Marvell’s Leadership in End-to-End Storage, Networking, Compute and Mobility Solutions Powers the Connected Lifestyle for Businesses and Consumers
One Laptop per Child
The 88ALP01 is a featured component in the "One Laptop per Child" (OLPC) laptop. The OLPC program is designed to enhance primary and secondary education through implementation and delivery of a $100 laptop computer to under-equipped school children throughout the world.
Marvell and its partners provide innovative and customized SoC products. Contact your local sales office for information on solutions tailored to your business needs.