As the processing power of central processing units (CPUs) and graphic processing units (GPUs) in today's servers, desktops, and notebooks continues to increase, cooling them is becoming a key issue. A typical server requires one kilowatt of power for processing and an additional one kilowatt for its cooling fans, thereby doubling the power consumption.
Marvell’s sensorless fan controllers eliminate external components, thus reducing space and bill of material (BOM) costs. Furthermore, Marvell’s fan controllers’ unique driving method enables efficient power transfer from electricity to motor, greatly improving energy efficiency in cooling fans.
- Two-phase Fan Controller – Marvell 88EM8603/88EM8618
- Notebook Fan Controller – Marvell 88EM2269
- Server Fan Controller – Marvell 88EM3278
- Marvell 88EM8603 Product Brief
- Marvell 88EM8618 Product Brief
- Marvell 88EM3278 Product Brief
- Marvell 88EM2269 Product Brief
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.