Smart Energy Platform
The heart of the connected smart home is its underlying technology including what links all of the components together. Marvell’s field proven Smart Energy Platform brings high performance and simplicity to this system, enabling a new generation of connected smart appliances and devices ranging from refrigerators to thermostats.
Building upon the success of the first generation platform which used the Marvell 88W8688 Wi-Fi System-on-Chip and Marvell’s Easy Connect software, new enhancements and capabilities include the powerful pairing of Marvell’s high speed 88MC200 microcontroller and its low-power mode Avastar 88W878x Wi-Fi SoCs providing rich features like IEEE.802.11n, Antenna Diversity, Beamforming, Access-Point mode and Wi-Fi Direct. This combination along with the Easy Connect software supports the development of smart appliances and enables connecting them with ease to mobile clients.
A cost-effective and flexible hardware/software platform, the Smart Energy Platform allows device OEMs to deliver services such as remote access, energy-management and home automation. These capabilities allow users to manage comfort, run diagnostics and receive alerts and notifications.
- Enables a large ecosystem of developers to build applications on smartphones and tablets leveraging familiar technologies available on all platforms.
- Brings the full benefits of Wi-Fi, enabling seamless integration with existing Wi-Fi deployments while leveraging the latest technological developments.
- Interfaces with Smart-Grid services such as dynamic pricing and demand-response services using the emerging Smart-Energy Profile 2.0 standard.
- Integrates devices with Cloud-based servers to offer a broad range of services to consumers including remote access, diagnostics, alerts and notifications.
- Enables consumers to quickly and easily connect their devices to their home Wi-Fi network without requiring them to learn new skills or download new software
The smart-energy platform is designed to bring smart connectivity to a broad range of devices, including:
- Air Conditioners
- Hot-Water Heaters
- Washer, Dryers, Dishwashers
- Cooking Ranges
- Lighting Controls
- Irrigation Timers
- Solar Inverters
Marvell's new Wi-Fi enabled microcontroller, the 88MC200, provides a highly cost-effective, flexible and easy-to-use hardware/software solution for building a new generation of connected smart appliances.
- Marvell Launches Breakthrough Smart Energy Management Platforms for Appliances and LED Lighting Solutions
Marvell Smart Energy Platform Solutions: Learn more about our comprehensive platform solution for Smart Energy appliances featuring the 88MC200 microcontroller.
Smart Energy Profile (SEP) 2.0 Uncovered
Manas Saksena, Sr. Director of Technology, Smart Energy Platform, discusses how effective management of peak energy demand holds considerable promise to improve efficiency and reliability and is a key driver for Smart Grid developments.
Marvell and its partners provide innovative and customized SoC products. Contact your local sales office for information on solutions tailored to your business needs.