SATA 6Gb/s Host Controllers
The Marvell family of PCIe-to-SATA 6Gb/s host controllers offer an ideal cost effective solution for connecting Serial ATA (SATA) peripherals to a PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 host, delivering up to 1GB bandwidth. Each controller supports two to four ports for SSD or HDD connectivity to bring the benefits of solid state drive (SSD) to consumer desktop motherboards and consumer electronic products. In addition, select models uniquely offer Marvell’s proprietary HyperDuo auto-tiering technology which enables SSD-like performance while allowing all data to be stored on traditional hard disk drives (HDDs).
"Marvell is once again advancing the data transfer standard in the consumer electronics industry by delivering an advanced SATA controller with SSD-like capabilities at less than a third of the cost of competitive solutions," Tim Bajarin, President, Creative Strategies
- Latest generation PCIe 2.0 x2 and 6Gb/s SATA technology to double the performance, capacity and scalability for immersive applications like gaming and video editing.
- Small footprint, ultra-low power consumption, and very few required external components mean minimal board space, ease of system design and reduced cost.
- HyperDuo embedded technology enables over 80 % of the performance of a solid state drive at less than one-third the cost.
- PC motherboard eSATA expansion
- RAID on motherboard (ROMB)
- Host Bus Adapter (HBA)
- Home Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Set-top boxes
- PCIe hybrid drives (SSD+HDD)
- Up to 4 SATA 6 Gb/s ports with eSATA support
- Up to PCIe 2.0×2 host interface
- Hardware RAID 0/1 support
- AES 128/256-bit on-the fly encryption
- HyperDuo embedded auto-tiering technology
- AHCI standard inbox driver (eg. Windows, Linux OS)
- Small package 9×9mm or smaller
- Power consumption: 1W
- Backward compatible to 1.5 and 3 Gb/s SATA
3Gb/s SATA RAID Controllers
The 3Gb/s SATA RAID controller allows PCIe-based host systems to control up to four SATA hard drives and/or one PATA hard drive. The small footprint of the device and the very few required external components takes up a minimal amount of board space, easing system design and reducing cost; ideal for mainstream motherboards.
- 1.5 or 3.0 Gb/s SATA operation
- 2.5 Gb/s PCIe×1
- Native command queuing
- Port multiplier support
- 88SE6121 (PCIe ×1 to 2 SATA 3Gb/s port and 1 PATA RAID controller)
- Marvell 88SE92xx Product Brief
- Marvell 88SE9130 Product Brief
- Marvell 88SE91xx Product Brief
- HyperDuo Technology Brief
HyperDuo Technology Brief: A breakthrough embedded technology for PCIe to SATA 6Gb/s controllers, HyperDuo enables 80 percent of the performance of a SSD at one-third the cost.
Apricorn Debuts Velocity Solo X2 - Extreme Desktop SSD Upgrade Kit with PCIe Data Speeds in Excess of 550 MBs
"Taking advantage of two PCIe 2.0 lanes and using a Marvell 9182 chipset, the Velocity Solo X2 will enable desktop PCs and Macs to take advantage"
Read the review
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe LGA 1155 ATX Motherboard Review
"It's been a couple months since we've had a chance to evaluate a Z77-based motherboard, so we are taking this opportunity to throw ASUS's P8Z77-V Deluxe on our test bench to put it through our comprehensive real-world and synthetic benchmarks. "
Read the review
PC Advisor: ASRock Z77 OC Formula Review
"ASRock has a new high-end Socket 1155 motherboard specially aimed at overclockers...Marvell 88SE9172 controllers provide the extra ports".
Read the review
Interested in learning more about Marvell's HyperDuo-Powered SATA Controllers? Complete the inquiry form and a Marvell representative will follow-up with you.
Marvell and its partners provide innovative and customized SoC products. Contact your local sales office for information on solutions tailored to your business needs.