SATA 6Gb/s Host Controllers
The Marvell family of PCIe-to-SATA 6Gb/s host controllers offer an ideal cost effective solution for connecting Serial ATA (SATA) peripherals to a PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 host, delivering up to 1GB bandwidth. Each controller supports two to four ports for SSD or HDD connectivity to bring the benefits of solid state drive (SSD) to consumer desktop motherboards and consumer electronic products. In addition, select models uniquely offer Marvell’s proprietary HyperDuo auto-tiering technology which enables SSD-like performance while allowing all data to be stored on traditional hard disk drives (HDDs).
"Marvell is once again advancing the data transfer standard in the consumer electronics industry by delivering an advanced SATA controller with SSD-like capabilities at less than a third of the cost of competitive solutions," Tim Bajarin, President, Creative Strategies
- Latest generation PCIe 2.0 x2 and 6Gb/s SATA technology to double the performance, capacity and scalability for immersive applications like gaming and video editing.
- Small footprint, ultra-low power consumption, and very few required external components mean minimal board space, ease of system design and reduced cost.
- HyperDuo embedded technology enables over 80 % of the performance of a solid state drive at less than one-third the cost.
- PC motherboard eSATA expansion
- RAID on motherboard (ROMB)
- Host Bus Adapter (HBA)
- Home Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Set-top boxes
- PCIe hybrid drives (SSD+HDD)
- Up to 4 SATA 6 Gb/s ports with eSATA support
- Up to PCIe 2.0×2 host interface
- Hardware RAID 0/1 support
- AES 128/256-bit on-the fly encryption
- HyperDuo embedded auto-tiering technology
- AHCI standard inbox driver (eg. Windows, Linux OS)
- Small package 9×9mm or smaller
- Power consumption: 1W
- Backward compatible to 1.5 and 3 Gb/s SATA
3Gb/s SATA RAID Controllers
The 3Gb/s SATA RAID controller allows PCIe-based host systems to control up to four SATA hard drives and/or one PATA hard drive. The small footprint of the device and the very few required external components takes up a minimal amount of board space, easing system design and reducing cost; ideal for mainstream motherboards.
- 1.5 or 3.0 Gb/s SATA operation
- 2.5 Gb/s PCIe×1
- Native command queuing
- Port multiplier support
- Marvell 88SE92xx Product Brief
- Marvell 88SE9130 Product Brief
- Marvell 88SE91xx Product Brief
- HyperDuo Technology Brief
HyperDuo Technology Brief: A breakthrough embedded technology for PCIe to SATA 6Gb/s controllers, HyperDuo enables 80 percent of the performance of a SSD at one-third the cost.
Interested in learning more about Marvell's HyperDuo-Powered SATA Controllers? Complete the inquiry form and a Marvell representative will follow-up with you.
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.