Storing all consumer data on SSDs is costly and using the hybrid approach of manually combining an HDD and SSD doesn’t offer a true solution for achieving consistent performance acceleration in applications like gaming, video and rich media or I/O intensive programs.
Marvell HyperDuo solves this dilemma. A breakthrough embedded technology for 6Gb/s SATA controllers, HyperDuo is configured with at least 1 hard disk drive (HDD) and up to 3 solid state drives (SSD). By embedding automated tiering technology into the chipset that goes into the world’s leading motherboards, home network attached storage (NAS), set-top boxes and desktop HBAs, HyperDuo achieves immediate performance value from day one. The technology uses intelligent algorithms to automatically migrate hot data to SSDs, while enabling all data to be safely stored on larger capacity SATA HDDs. Thus HyperDuo enables near-SSD performance at HDD capacities.
HyperDuo is a value-add technology available on the 88SE9230, 88SE9220, and 88SE9130 controllers.
- Enables over 80% of SSD performance at less than 1/3 the cost
- RAID: RAID 0/1 firmware running on ARM-based CPU
Enables two modes:
- Safe Mode: Automated mirroring from SSD to HDD for maximum protection
- Capacity Mode: SSD capacity augments the hard drive to optimize cost efficiency
- GUI: Flexible, intuitive administration console for power users
For 88SE9230 series and higher:
- Multiple SSD’s (up to 3 SSDs + 1 HDD) to scale to higher IOPS, throughput, and capacity
- Concurrent HyperDuo with RAID 0/1 on HDDs for capacity and data protection (ie. 2 SSDs + RAID0/1 on dual HDDs)
- On-the-fly AES 128/256-bit encryption for connected SATA SSD/HDD devices
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.