As one of the world's largest fabless semiconductor companies, Marvell recognizes its responsibility to promote solutions for the planet's most pressing environmental issues. Together with our customers, employees, partners, and stakeholders, we're determined to be a force for sustainability around the globe.
Our sustainable initiatives strive to offer industry leadership, environmental engineering, and an eco-friendly workplace. Our ultimate goal is to create a cleaner future for the global community by actively contributing our time and technology to help solve the environmental crisis.
Marvell is committed to saving energy and reducing the world's carbon footprint. Through a series of events we highlight our sustainable products and operational initiatives and demonstrate to our employees how they can contribute to creating a healthier planet-at work and at home. And our employees are doing their part: taking alternative modes of transportation to work, using teleconference whenever possible, being selective about what to print, and remembering to turn off lights and power down.
Marvell and our employees have a long history of applying skills and expertise to help address some of the greatest environmental challenges. In 2005 we began an energy-savings program to substantially reduce energy consumption at our U.S. headquarters in Santa Clara, California. Since implementing the program we've been recognized by Silicon Valley Power, a leading utility, for our groundbreaking efforts.
Marvell is passionate and committed to inspiring and empowering people around the world with innovation and technology. From the creation of energy efficient products for customers, to the choices made in day-to-day operations, the Company believes it can make great strides to solve and promote solutions for some of the world’s most fundamental and pressing issues such as education, healthcare, and environmental concerns.
Marvell employees have a long history of demonstrating generosity when crises strike around the globe. Whether it is a disaster relief initiative, a food drive, or a holiday giving program, Marvell employees show compassion to help communities in need.
During the holiday season, the Company hopes to make a difference in the community by joining the worldwide campaign against childhood hunger with a new employee giving program, Marvell’s Peas Corps. In cooperation with Second Harvest Food Bank and Feeding America, Marvell's Peas Corps will help raise much-needed food and monetary donations directed specifically to the nutritional needs of infants and toddlers. Childhood hunger is a preventable tragedy and Marvell employees are making a difference.
Marvell and its co-founders are committed to uniting education and technology. In early 2009, the Marvell founders made a cornerstone donation to help complete the new headquarters for the Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) at the University of California, Berkeley. CITRIS will help create information technology solutions for many of the world’s most pressing social, environmental and healthcare concerns.
Marvell is an active member of several key industry organizations in support of global initiatives:
- Environmental Defense Fund: Leading national not-for-profit organization, linking science, economics and law to create innovative, equitable and cost-effective solutions to society's most urgent environmental problems.
- Global Semiconductor Association (GSA): Association providing a platform for collaboration to accelerate the growth and increase the return on invested capital of the global semiconductor industry by fostering a more effective fabless ecosystem through collaboration, integration and innovation.
- Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA): Premier trade association representing the U.S. semiconductor industry helping to shape public policy on issues critical to the industry, including protecting the environment.
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SLVG): Organization involving principal officers and senior managers of member companies in a cooperative effort with local, regional, state, and federal government officials to address major public policy issues affecting the economic health and quality of life in Silicon Valley.
- TechAmerica: Leading voice for the U.S. technology industry and the driving force behind productivity growth and jobs creation in the U.S. and the foundation of the global innovation economy.
- TechNet: Preeminent bipartisan political network of CEOs and senior executives from leading U.S. technology companies, representing the nation's drivers of innovation in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, clean technology, biotechnology, and finance.
- US-China Green Energy Council (UCGEC): Not-for-profit organization to facilitate and sponsor high impact Green Energy collaborative initiatives and projects between the U.S. and China. Serve as a platform for the integration of policy, business, investment, research and educational projects for the two countries.