Alaska 88E2010/40 NBASE-T Ethernet Transceivers
The Marvell® Alaska® 88E2010/40 is a new family of Ethernet transceivers compliant with the NBASE-T Alliance specification for 2.5G and 5G data rate over Cat5e cables. Manufactured with 28nm process, the devices enable a lower cost, extremely low-power dissipation. The devices use Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to enable the repurposing of low-cost Cat5e Ethernet cables for data rates as high as 5Gbps, supplanting the use of optical technology for applications such as 802.11ac Access Point backhaul, Switches, Servers, Workstations and high-end PCs. The devices support Category 6 (screened or unscreened), Category 6a (Augmented) and Category 7 type cables, as well as Category 5e type cables for distances up to 100m. The devices support a variety of host interfaces (2500BASE-X, 5000BASE-R, SGMII), as well as 10G host interfaces such as USXGMII interface and XFI/RXAUI with Rate-Matching. The transceiver family also features full-back-ward compatibility with lower-speed legacy Ethernet (1000/100/10Mbps) on the line side.
The Marvell Alaska 88E2010/40 supports the following standards and applications:
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) IEEE 802.3az for all supported data rates
- Compliant with NBASE-T Alliance specifications for 2.5G and 5G modes
- Integrated Marvell Virtual Cable Tester®(VCT®)technology
- 100G-LR4 and SR4 optics
- 802.11ac Access Point Backhaul
- Enterprise Switches with 2.5G/5G capabilities
- Servers, Workstations, and high-end PCs requiring high-speed connectivity
|88E2010||1- port, 5-speed PHY operating at 10M, 100M, 1000M, 2.5G, 5G data rates on UTP copper lines||Product Brief|
|88E2040L||4-port, 5-speed PHY operating at 10M, 100M, 1000M, 2.5G, 5G data rates on UTP copper lines||Product Brief|
- Marvell Introduces Industry’s First Commercially Available Ethernet Transceivers Fully Optimized for 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps Data Rates over Cat5e Cables
- Marvell’s 88E2010 and 88E2040 Ethernet transceiver chips handle 5 Gbits/s over Cat 5e copper (Electronic Products)
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.