The Marvell 88W8688 is a low-cost, low-power highly-integrated IEEE 802.11a/g/b MAC/Baseband/RF WLAN and Bluetooth Baseband/RF system-on-chip (SoC). The device is designed to support IEEE 802.11a or 802.11g payload data rates of 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, and 54 Mbps, as well as 802.11b data rates of 1, 2, 5.5, and 11 Mbps for WLAN operation. For Bluetooth operation, the device supports Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed (HS) (also compliant with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR).
- Single-chip integration of 802.11a/g/b wireless direct conversion radio, baseband, MAC, CPU, memory, host interfaces, and Bluetooth
- Integrates all 802.11a/g/b RF to baseband transmit and receive operations, with support for external power amplifiers
- Fully integrated frequency synthesizers with optimized phase noise performance for OFDM applications
- Ultra low power dissipation
- Supports 12, 13, 19.2, 20, 24, 26, 38.4, 40, or 52 MHz oscillator clock source
- Supports Marvell Bluetooth coexistence
- WLAN/Bluetooth enabled cellular handsets
- WLAN/Bluetooth headsets
- Portable audio/video devices and accessories
- Gaming platforms
- WLAN/Bluetooth enabled digital still cameras and printers
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.