The Marvell Avastar 88W8997 is the industry's first 28nm, 11ac (wave-2), 2x2 MU-MIMO combo with full support for Bluetooth 4.2, as well as additional features anticipated to be in future BT5.0 release. It's design enhancements and low-power 28nm process technology reduces its power consumption by up to 40% over existing solutions. It features the highest level of integration in the market including dual band Power Amplifiers (PAs), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) and switches reducing board level BOM (Bill of Materials) to the bare minimum, enabling easy Chip-on-Board and module design for board markets. It supports advanced Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) features beyond the BT4.2 standard, like BLE Location using Angle Measurements, 2Mbps LE and LTE Coex.
- 2x2, MU-MIMO combo, with low power 28nm design
- 2Mbps Low Energy Protocol, AoA/AoD, Enhanced LTE Coex
- Bluetooth v4.2, as well as additional features anticipated to be in future BT5.0 release
- Dual band PAs, LNAs, & Switches
- Concurrent applications support for a device to have two independent radio links, without compromising the 2x2 MIMO link
- Full featured indoor location capability, including IEEE 802.11mc as well BLE direction finding using AoA and AoD technologies.
- Flagship Smartphones
- Mobile Computing
- Set-Top Boxes
- Marvell Showcases Industry's Comprehensive Solutions for Internet of Things, Wireless. Broadband and Smart Home at Mobile World Congress 2016
- Marvell and Frontier Silicon Partner to Deliver Best-In-Class Wireless Audio Streaming Solutions
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.