WLAN/Bluetooth/FM Single-Chip SoC
The Avastar 88W8787 is a highly integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC), specifically designed to support high throughput data rates for next-generation products. The Avastar family of wireless devices delivers best-in-class single-function and multi-function radios for the entire spectrum of always-on consumer electronics devices.
The Marvell Avastar 88W8787 SoC is designed for both simultaneous and independent operation of the following
- IEEE 802.11a/g/b and 802.11n payload data rates for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
- Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed (HS) (also compliant with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)
- FM transmit and receive (digital encoder/decoder FM radio with RDS/RBDS)
- The device supports the 802.11i security standard through implementation of the AES/CCMP, WEP with TKIP, AES/CMAC, and WLAN WAPI security mechanisms
- Simultaneous and independent WLAN, Bluetooth, and FM Tx/Rx operation
- Coexistence with cellular and other on-chip radios
- Low power dissipation
- CMOS and low-swing sine wave input clock
- Digital audio interfaces (I2S and PCM)
- 12, 13, 19.2, 24, 26, 38.4, and 52 MHz crystal clock support with auto-frequency detection using external 32.768 KHz CMOS-level sleep clock
- Power management with external sleep clock support for FM Tx/Rx operation
- Sleep and standby modes for low power operation
- Fully compatible with Marvell Power Management devices
Marvell Beamforming Technology
A specialized method of radio-frequency transmission used in Wi-Fi access points; beamforming enhances the signal reception at the client, extending the Wi-Fi signal coverage by two to four times. A feature of all Marvell Avastar SoCs, Marvell’s beamforming technology doesn’t require a special antenna nor will it incur any other cost increase of the wireless subsystem. The result is an increased throughput performance of up to 20x over existing technology, depending on the environment. Marvell's beamforming also outperforms other digital signal processing techniques for range extension by at least six times.
- WLAN/Bluetooth/FM enabled cellular handsets
- Portable audio/video devices and accessories
- Personal navigation devices
- Personal digital assistants
- Gaming platforms
Mobile devices are enabling consumers to access digital content anytime, anywhere and in any format. Learn how Marvell helps enable seamless connectivity. Learn More
For Hackers, There's a Tempting New Target: Your Car
Bart Giordano, Director, Wireless Product Marketing, discusses how increasing multimedia features in cars are creating new data security concerns and what drivers need to know about them.
Marvell and its partners provide innovative and customized SoC products. Contact your local sales office for information on solutions tailored to your business needs.