A dual-band (2.4/5 GHz) IEEE 802.11ac (draft) 4x4 System-on-Chip, the Avastar 88W8864 is specifically designed to support the speed, reliability, and quality requirements of next generation, Very High Throughput WLAN products.
The 4x4 architecture combined with Marvell’s Tx Beamforming enable a simplified integrated solution that offers higher peak throughput, better rate vs range, reliability and robustness compared with 3x3 11ac products.
High performance 802.11i security standards are supported in the Avastar 88W8864 through implementation of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)/Counter Mode CBC-MAC Protocol (CCMP), Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) with Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP), Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)/Cipher-Based Message Authentication Code (CMAC), and WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure (WAPI) security mechanisms.
- 4x4 MIMO 3-spatial Stream Dual-band 802.11ac offering 1.3Gbps WLAN PHY rate
- Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n
- Channel Bandwidth up to 80MHz
- 256 QAM Modulation Scheme
- Market proven Implicit and Explicit Transmit Beamforming technology
- Low Density Parity Check (LDPC)
- Integrated ARM® Cortex A9 CPU and internal SRAM enables peak data rates approaching theoretical limits while offloaded the host CPU from WLAN processing
- Marvell’s Integrated Spectrum Management technology simplifies Enterprise and Carrier deployments and maintenance by identifying and reporting radio interference that may impact network performance
MARVELL BEAMFORMING TECHNOLOGY
A specialized method of radio-frequency transmission used in Wi-Fi access points; beamforming enhances the signal reception at the client, extending the Wi-Fi signal coverage by two to four times. A feature of the 88W8864 SoC, Marvell's beamforming technology doesn't require a special antenna nor will it incur any other cost increase of the wireless subsystem. The result is an increased throughput performance of up to 20x over existing technology, depending on the environment. Marvell's beamforming also outperforms other digital signal processing techniques for range extension by at least six times.
- Wireless gateways, routers, and access points
- Wireless client cards and bridges
- Wireless home audio and video entertainment systems including TV, set-top boxes, media servers, and gaming platforms
From Marvell's Blog
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.