The Marvell® Avastar 88W8964 features 160MHz bandwidth and Multi-User Multi-Input Multi-Output (MU-MIMO) while achieving 2.6 Gbps peak data rate for high speed, secure, and reliable access points and smart gateways. Supporting high-performance 802.11i security standards through implementation of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)/Counter Mode CBC-MAC Protocol (CCMP), Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) with Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP), Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)/Cipher-Based Message Authentication Code (CMAC) and WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure (WAPI) security mechanisms, the 88W8964 delivers 802.11e Quality of Service (QoS) to reduce latency for video, voice and multimedia applications.
- 4x4 MIMO Dual-band 802.11ac Wave-2 solution enabling 2.6Gbps WLAN PHY rate
- Multi-User MIMO support to three 1x1 or a mix of 2x2 and 1x1 client devices
- Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n
- Channel Bandwidth up to 160, 80, 40 and 20MHz
- Market proven implicit and xxplicit transmit Beamforming technology enhances the signal reception at the client, significantly extending the WiFi signal coverage
- Integrated ARM® Dual-Core Cortex A9 CPU and internal SRAM enables significantly offloads the host CPU from WLAN processing
- Marvell’s Integrated Spectrum Management technology simplifies Enterprise and Carrier deployments and maintenance by identifying and reporting radio interference that may impact network performance
- 802.11mc for sub-1 meter indoor location
Multi-User Mimo Technology
Multi-User MIMO allows simultaneous sessions from one access point to several client devices at the same time. The 88W8964 supports three 1x1 or a mix of 2x2 and 1x1 connections at the same time.
Targeted at enterprise access points and hotspots, retail access points, service provider gateways and set-top boxes, the Avastar 88W8964 enables retail access points with the highest data rates. A peak PHY rate of 2.6 Gbps and 4x4 configuration in combination with the industry’s most mature and proven explicit and implicit Beamforming implementation enables service provider gateways and set-top boxes capable of multi-stream 4K video content distribution over wireless in residential environments.
- Marvell Showcases Industry's Most Complete End-to-End Solutions for Internet of Things at CES 2015
- Marvell Launches Industry’s First 802.11ac Wave-2 4x4 Processor Featuring 160 MHz Mode and MU-MIMO Extending Its Leadership in Carrier, Enterprise and Residential Wi-Fi Solutions
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.