Ethernet Controllers 8300 Series
The Marvell® 8300 Series Controllers are fourth generation converged network controllers. They boast industry-leading native Fibre Channel performance—achieving dual-port, line-rate, 16Gbps Fibre Channel throughput—at extremely low CPU utilization with full hardware offloads. In addition, the controllers support simultaneous LAN (TCP/IP) and SAN (Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI) traffic at line rate, 10Gbps Ethernet (GbE) speeds. This extreme performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today's powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers.
- 10GbE per-port maximum throughput for high-bandwidth converged storage (SAN) and networking traffic, as well as support for linerate native 16Gb Fibre Channel traffic on both ports
- Over 500,000 Fibre Channel/FCoE IOPS per port reduce latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Reduced hardware, cabling, and management costs by enabling simultaneous TCP/IP, FCoE, and iSCSI on one controller. The same controller can also support native 16Gb Fibre Channel with full backward compatibility
- Decreased power and cooling costs by using the fewest PCI Express® lanes in PCIe® Gen3 environments
- OPD to ensure a high level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus
- Complete investment protection for legacy 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel infrastructure
- Flexible network port configurations with a rich mix of 16Gbps Fibre Channel and 10GbE options
Our end-to-end data integrity with overlapping protection domain (OPD) and support for T10 DIF makes the 8300 Series controllers ideal for file- and block-based storage controller applications. The ability to support either 16Gb Fibre Channel or 10GbE and multiple protocols simultaneously on the same hardware offers multi-tenancy flexibility, which is ideal for private and public cloud environments.