Prestera CX Ethernet Switch Family
The Marvell® Prestera® CX family of highly-integrated packet processors enables single and multi-chip solutions for public and private data center networks. The processors include new features for the coming massive growth of edge data centers built to handle the 5G and IOT trends.
The new CX Family introduces support for SAFE and FASTER technology to offer dramatic improvement in TCO for edge data center deployments. Storage Aware Flow Engine (SAFE), enables advanced visibility and telemetry to improve utilization of composable infrastructure while Forwarding Architecture using Slices of Terabit Ethernet Routers (FASTER), enables a massive increase in port radix which reduces network layers saving in cost, power and latency.
With proven through deployment support of advanced data center features, such as virtual overlay networking with programmable tunnel header encapsulation, NFV service function chaining, low latency cut-through switching, and advanced congestion mechanisms, the Prestera CX family can be deployed in a variety of topologies and interconnect needs.
The Prestera® CX Family has sophisticated QoS features to optimize QoS between data center cloud applications, such as metering, counting, scheduling, and shaping. It also supports advanced traffic monitoring features such as sFlow, IPFIX, and remote port analyzing. The hardware OAM engines auto-generate and receive OAM traffic to monitor cloud end-to-end service connectivity and provide high accuracy delay and packet loss measurement.
New standards compliant congestion management capabilities in the device, including (but not limited to) Per-priority Flow Control and Enhanced Transmission Selection, allow finer grained responses to network congestion and assist in improving service delivery with deterministic network behavior. Support for Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) in the Prestera CX family enables the design and deployment of systems that facilitate the convergence of data and storage networks.
Ethernet continues to evolve from a LAN interconnect to a converged and enhanced services fabric that enables the cloud infrastructure. Improved broadband connectivity and a surge in media-centric consumer devices, coupled with advances in multi-core CPUs and virtualization technologies are driving new models of public and private cloud infrastructures. Ongoing advancements in networking, computing, and storage architectures are creating new business opportunities for service delivery, increasing reliability and resiliency while reducing management complexities.
The Marvell Prestera CX family is designed to provide Marvell customers with the necessary platform for building the new edge data center network infrastructure.
Fifth-Generation Prestera CX Features:
- With industry leading mix of 12.8Tbps single chip performance and high radix port density the latest devices are fully IEEE compliant with the latest port speeds ranging from 1Gbps to 400Gbps per port
- State-of-the-art programmable parser and header manipulation to enable protocol innovation
- Enhanced QoS and virtual output queues (VOQ) support
- Sophisticated network analytics hooks and engine
- Unique time-stamp analytics by Marvell which support the Packet Conservation Algorithm for Internet (iPCA)
- Advanced virtual overlay networking offering support for NVGRE, VXLAN-GPE, Network Services Header (NSH), Geneve, Shortest Path Bridging (SPB), TRILL and GRE
- Server virtualization compliant with IEEE 802.1Qbg EVB and 802.1BR port extender
- Data Center Bridging (DCB) standards – Priority-based Flow Control (PFC), Congestion Notification (CN), and Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS)
- Dynamic power management capabilities and one of the lowest power footprints per gigabit of throughput in its class, enabling the design of green data centers