The Marvell Alaska X 88X3240P is a complete single-chip solution for all Ethernet rates and achieves industry-leading low-power consumption. The flexibility of the Marvell Alaska X 88X3240P device enables extremely low power across all structured wiring cable lengths, enabling dense 10Gbps applications. The Marvell Alaska X 88X3240P supports Category 6- (screened or unscreened), Category 6a- (Augmented) and Category 7-type cables at full IEEE 802.3an range. The Marvell Alaska X 88X3240P enables both copper and fiber applications with its unique auto-media-detect mode. With this media plug-and-play feature the Marvell Alaska X 88X3240P can automatically detect whether there is a SFP+ fiber link, or if there is an active copper link partner connected to the RJ-45 (10 Gbps/1000 Mbps/100 Mbps/10 Mbps copper applications.) Depending on the preferred media type, the Marvell Alaska X 88X3240P will automatically switch to the fiber or copper line-side interface without any involvement from the user.
- Marvell Alaska X 88X3240P Ethernet Transceiver is a IEEE-standard compliant 10GBASE-T PHY capable of 10Gbps data rates over Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) cable.
- Marvell’s first 28nm process technology Ethernet transceiver is a lower cost alternative to optical modules and can bring 10Gbps data rates to mainstream applications.
- Enables low-power dissipation and lower cost design; backward compatible and interoperable with legacy Ethernet standards.
- Data Center Switches
- Storage units incorporating FCoE connectivity
- Servers with 4X10GE ports
- Enterprise Switching Platforms