Avastar 88W8977 System-on-Chip
The Marvell® 88W8977® System-on-Chip (SoC) is a highly integrated single-chip solution that incorporates both WLAN (2.4/5 GHz) and Bluetooth® technology, and the SoC is specifically designed to support the speed, reliability, and quality requirements of next generation products. An IEEE 802.11n compliant dual band system-on-chip offering Wi-Fi data rates up to MCS 7 (150 Mbps), the 88W8977 is designed to offer the smallest footrprint and lowest bill of materials (BoM) for devices such as Wearables, Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Home markets. The SoC provides both simultaneous and independent operation of the IEEE 802.11n compliant 1x1 spatial stream and Bluetooth v4.2, as well as planned enhancements of Bluetooth technology including features such as higher speeds, and mesh networking for increased Internet of Things (IoT) functionality. It also provides for 3-way coexistence for WLAN, Bluetooth, and ZigBee operation with Marvell ZigBee Solutions.
- Industry's lowest power 28nm connectivity solution
- 1x1, 11n Dual Band Wi-Fi + Bluetooth v4.2 and planned enhancements of Bluetooth technology
- SDIO & UART as host interfaces
- Advanced Connectivity Feature Set
- Standards-based location capablity, including 802.11mc and Bluetooth advancements relating to location-based services
- Lowest RBOM & Solution Size
- 41% smaller solution size
- Integrated PA, LNA and Switch for 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Up to 31% reduction in Rx current consumption
- 72uA lowest power “Bluetooth low energy-snooze” mode
- "Eco-mode" for 10dBm Tx Power Use Case
- Separate power & memory banks for sleep modes
The Avastar 88W8977 SoC is optimized for applications such as wearables, wireless audio, and smart home security cameras which demand low power operation to extend battery life.