Smart LED Lighting Solutions
A growing awareness of energy conservation and resource management, efforts to abate greenhouse emissions, and a government-mandated phase out of incandescent bulbs are leading factors spurring the demand for LED lighting products in homes, offices, and outdoors. This type of energy conservation and savings is driving widespread adoption of LED lighting and control throughout the world. With a portfolio of LED solutions feature innovative lighting architecture and networking technology, Marvell enables superior, green LED lighting applications. These complete solutions are designed to provide fully-integrated, end-to-end silicon and software solutions that enable original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and original design manufacturers (ODMs) to develop best-in-class LED lighting and lighting control solutions.
LED Lighting in homes and offices promises a significant positive environmental impact. Consider this:
- LED lights consume 80% less energy than traditional lighting
- An LED light can have a life span of up to 25,000 to 50,000 hours , a 25 times improvement over incandescent lights
- Adding lighting control like occupancy sensors and daylighting controls, can achieve a further 40% energy savings
LED Driver Electronics
Marvell's innovative mixed-signal LED driver architecture delivers high efficiency, high power factor, and low harmonics to LED lighting applications while its advanced dimming technology ensures deep dimming and compatibility with existing lighting infrastructures.
Smart Lighting Controls
The lighting industry is starting to deploy standards for delivering new ease of-control capabilities for commercial lighting including two-way communication and the ability to regulate lighting remotely through cloud–based applications and mobile devices. Marvell is working in partnership with application software and system providers to enable turn-key wireless lighting control systems.Learn more
Reference Design and Evaluation Kits
To help customers rapidly introduce products into the marketplace, Marvell supplies turn-key manufacturing ready reference designs for OEMs/ODMs looking to develop residential and commercial lighting solutions.
Lighting Solutions Brochure
Marvell delivers critical building blocks for its customers success in today’s dynamic LED lighting market.
- Marvell's Industry-Leading Smart LED Controllers Continue to Drive the Wide Adoption of Smart Lighting
- Marvell Announces Industry’s First Intelligent LED Controller for Smart Wireless Light Bulbs with Backward Compatibility to Existing Wall Dimmers
- Marvell's 88EM8187 LED Controller Delivers Unparalleled Deep Dimming Performance and Industry's Highest Level of Integration
- 88EM8803 Product Brief
- 88EM8189 Product Brief
- 88EM8187 Product Brief
- 88EM8183 Product Brief
- 88EM8511 Product Brief
At Newark Airport, the Lights Are On, and They’re Watching You
Visitors to Terminal B at Newark Liberty International Airport may notice the bright, clean lighting that now blankets the cavernous interior, courtesy of 171 recently installed LED fixtures. But they probably will not realize that the light fixtures are the backbone of a system that is watching them.