The Prestera CX family of packet processors offer industry leading performance with industry’s first multiple 40 GbE and 10 GbE ports and line rate switching capability of 720 Million packets per second (Mpps) The devices reduce the power footprint in the datacenter while enabling applications such as server virtualization, cloud computing, and Software as a Service.
New standards compliant Congestion Management capabilities in the device, including (but not limited to) Per-priority Flow Control and Enhanced Transmission Selection, allow finer grained responses to network congestion and assist in improving service delivery with deterministic network behavior. Support for Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) in the Prestera CX family enables the design and deployment of systems that facilitate the convergence of data and storage networks.
Ethernet continues to evolve from a LAN interconnect to a converged and enhanced services fabric that enables the cloud infrastructure. Improved broadband connectivity and a surge in media-centric consumer devices, coupled with advances in multi-core CPUs and virtualization technologies are driving new models of public and private cloud infrastructures. Ongoing advancements in networking, computing, and storage architectures are creating new business opportunities for service delivery, increasing reliability and resiliency while reducing management complexities.
The Marvell® Prestera® CX family is designed to provide Marvell customers with the necessary platform for building the next-generation cloud infrastructure.
Second-Generation Prestera CX Features:
- Industry leading performance and port density with multiple 40 GbE and 10 GbE ports and full duplex line rate switching capability.
- Support for Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) enables the design and deployment of systems that facilitate the convergence of data and storage networks.
- New standards-compliant congestion management capabilities, including (but not limited to) per-priority flow control and congestion notification management, allow for finer grained responses to network congestion and assist in improving service delivery with deterministic network behavior.
- Dynamic power management capabilities and one of the lowest power footprints per gigabit of throughput in its class, enabling the design of green datacenters.
- Enables server virtualization, cloud computing, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for a reduced power footprint in public and private cloud architectures.
Additional product information is available under NDA on the Marvell Extranet. If your company has an NDA with Marvell, please register here. If you do not have an NDA, please contact your Marvell sales representative.