Marvell Showcases Total Solutions for Mobile Devices, Smart TVs, Cloud Computing and Connectivity at Mobile World Congress 2012
Marvell announces new silicon technology for markets around the world, features and functionality for end users, such as Mobile Printing, and 802.11ac support across its Avastar family of wireless solutions
Mobile World Congress - Barcelona
(February 26, 2012) –
Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) will showcase at Mobile World Congress 2012 end-to-end silicon platform solutions for mobile devices, Smart TVs, connectivity, cloud computing and services, which demonstrate the breadth of Marvell’s robust technology portfolio. With new product introductions to accelerate the adoption of global mobile standards, powerful innovative LTE devices and support for the upcoming 802.11ac standard, Marvell’s mobile technology allows end users to quickly and easily access the content they value from anywhere in the world, enabling consumers around the world to enjoy the “connected lifestyle.”
"I am very proud that we are a strong driving force behind the evolution of the smart devices people around the world use every day in the home and at work, from mobile smartphones and smart TVs, such as Google TV, to smart appliances, energy-efficient lighting and mobile printing," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "I believe Marvell is leading the pack in enabling the adoption of the connected lifestyle faster than ever. By leveraging our rich and broad-based technology portfolio, we empower our customers and partners with end-to-end game changing solutions at a low cost for the mass market."
Marvell at Mobile World Congress
Marvell’s latest technologies will be showcased at Mobile World Congress, being held Feb. 27 – March 1, 2012, at Fira Montjuïc in Barcelona. To see demonstrations and learn more, show attendees and media can visit the Marvell booth, AV55, located in the Hall Avenue. New products and demonstrations include:
- Global Mobility Solutions: True global mobility is impossible without the ability to connect from anywhere in the world from a single device. With the proliferation of various global broadband standards that differ from region-to-region, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) need turn-key mobile solutions that provide seamless global connectivity without sacrificing performance or power. At MWC, Marvell will be announcing a number of industry-first mobile technologies that we believe will drive the next-generation of mobile devices – powerful, efficient and, most importantly, seamlessly connected and unrestricted by geographic barriers. Marvell – a long-time leader in driving the LTE standard forward in China through its collaboration with the Chinese government, telecoms and OEMs – will also announce new TD solutions that will drastically increase the time-to-market and lower the cost of new devices for the Asia Pacific Region (APAC).
Based on the Kinoma® platform, an innovative, elegant open-source mobile software platform, Marvell continues to provide complete silicon solutions that enable simple user experiences for an unprecedented range of mobile devices. Marvell will also highlight its significant momentum in emerging markets with a number of new TD-SCDMA handset design wins.
- Wireless Connectivity Technology: Superior wireless technology is the crux of Marvell’s mobility platform; its low-power Avastar™ wireless portfolio enables faster, more reliable connectivity and features cutting edge technology that supports new use cases necessitated by the burgeoning mobile industry. At MWC, Marvell is announcing significant upgrades to its single chip combination radio portfolio - including 802.11ac, near field communications (NFC) and location based services – that is intended to reduce footprint and cost while increasing performance and offering advanced wireless capabilities to a broad range of consumer products. It will also showcase its Wi-Fi Display technology, a standards-based mechanism for reliable, peer-to-peer, 1080p high-definition (HD) video and audio streaming between wireless devices and high definition displays and set top boxes. By enabling consumers to mirror the display from a mobile device onto a larger screen in real-time, consumers can seamlessly move and view content among various devices, anytime, anywhere.
- Mobile Printing: As a leader in Wi-Fi, mobile handset solutions and printing, Marvell seamlessly integrates printing into the mobile experience. At MWC, Marvell is announcing mobile printing support for key mobile architectures, including Wi-Fi Direct printing, which is intended to give consumers the simple, seamless ability to print on the go.
- Digital Entertainment: The pervasiveness of mobile technology goes beyond smartphones and tablets – the seamlessly connected lifestyle has influenced the way consumers interact with technology at home, in the office and on-the-go. Marvell will demonstrate its ARMADA® 1500-based “Foresight Platform,” which has been designed into the new Google TV, offering an exceptional television and multimedia experience for the next generation of Smart TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players and beyond. From HD and 3D streaming video to immersive sound, the services consumers have come to love – such as Netflix, Pandora, YouTube and Picasa – can now arrive lighting fast, crystal clear and seamlessly transferable to any device.
- Cloud Services: The connected lifestyle is defined by anytime, anywhere access to critical data from a mobile device, causing new products, applications and services to increasingly rely on the cloud. Marvell’s Cloud Services are designed to play a key role in accommodating the immediate and secure transfer of large amounts of data to and from devices via the Internet, with high-performance storage technology that enables unmitigated access to data without expensive investments in servers, storage and networking infrastructure. Marvell’s networking, storage and computing products are designed to ensure a reliable, robust and secure experiences across the home, private and public clouds. Combined with the Kinoma platform, Marvell’s Cloud Services enable a complete, fully integrated solution that supports consumer access to any content, from cloud services such as Facebook, YouTube and email, to downloadable content such as photos and audio files that reside on the mobile device.
- Smart Home Integration: Marvell’s smart energy management platforms, complemented by the Kinoma platform, are designed to give consumers the ability to conveniently manage their smart appliances and lighting solutions from anywhere in the world, reducing energy consumption and extending the Connected Lifestyle through the home. The Smart Energy Platform provides rich Wi-Fi connectivity enabling smart appliances to seamlessly integrate into consumers’ home networks and devices, such as smart phones and tablets, as well as the broader Internet and cloud-based services. The Smart LED Lighting Platform is designed around innovative LED driver ICs, along with low-power ZigBee networking, to provide a complete, wirelessly networked lighting control solution.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell's diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure, including enterprise, metro, home and storage networking. As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.
###Marvell, the M logo, ARMADA and Kinoma are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Avastar is a trademark of Marvell and/or its affiliates Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.