Marvell's All-Encompassing Cloud Services Solutions Power the Connected Lifestyle for Businesses and Consumers
Marvell is first to offer service, support and infrastructure solutions for all three clouds - private, public, and home
Interop - Las Vegas, Nevada
(May 7, 2012) –
Santa Clara, Calif. / LAS VEGAS (May 7th, 2012) – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) today announced an end-to-end cloud services and infrastructure platform that accelerates the connected lifestyle for businesses and consumers. Marvell is the only company to offer networking, compute and storage solutions that support all three clouds – private, public, and home – as well as fiber and mobile Internet service infrastructure. With this all-encompassing approach, Marvell is connecting every aspect of the digital lifestyle – whether at home, at work, or on the go.
"I am very proud of Marvell’s leadership in offering a complete end-to-end solution, from mobility to video to the cloud. Today we live and work in a world of connecting every aspect of the digital lifestyle, utilizing social media and social networking. With the rapid adoption of smartphones, smart TVs and tablets around the world, people are transferring ever-larger amounts of data to and from the cloud,” said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. “Marvell's all-encompassing cloud services platform offers immediate and ultra secure transfers of data. I believe that our innovation and success in storage and networking for more than a decade is the critical foundation for us to now lead and drive the new demand for robust cloud solutions."
As more people take advantage of a ubiquitous, always-on experience to store and access critical business and personal data such as documents, pictures, music and video, there is increasing pressure on the cloud to reliably support a connected lifestyle. Marvell, an industry leader in storage, networking, and application processing, has innovative solutions that touch every point in the growing cloud ecosystem. Marvell’s approach to cloud services and infrastructure encompasses the following four elements:
Private Cloud: A highly agile, mobile workforce needs access to corporate applications and data anytime, anywhere via various user platforms, requiring a more efficient and secure network. At Interop, Marvell will introduce end-to-end silicon solutions that will accelerate the adoption of Private Cloud services. These solution firsts include:
- Innovative 4x4 Wireless Access Point technology with Implicit Beamforming for extended connectivity range for clients
- Commercially available silicon for centralized traffic managed access solutions
- The highest density, commercially available silicon solution for 40G datacenter interconnects
- A public cloud server/storage solution that leverage Marvell’s ARM CPUs and storage controllers along with a complete server software suite
- A tiered cache with MIOPS, and the highest density ARM-base cold storage solution designed for an optimal balance between disk capacity and power envelope
- A complete platform built with key technologies, including a low-power ARM CPU, SOHO Switch, power management and connectivity solutions ranging from 4x4 wireless, Zigbee to G.hn with MIMO support - resulting in faster time to market and reduced development costs
- The industry’s highest performance (per-Watt) SoC enabling a low power, always-on, home server that fosters a new generation of remote cloud services including content access, smart energy management, health monitoring and personalized entertainment
- Platforms for LTE “World Modem” and Universal PON (Avanta®) access
- True 100G line-rate programmable (Xelerated®) packet processing for access, transport and backhaul
- Commercially available single-chip, terabit switch platform for carrier-grade ATCA, serving gateways and UPON OLTs
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell's diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure, including enterprise, metro, home and storage networking. As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.