Kinoma Connect, a Free App, Shares Your Favorite Content to a World of Smart TVs and Connected Speakers
Stream your podcasts, music, videos and photos from iOS and Android phones and tablets to home entertainment products that support DLNA
Santa Clara, California
(February 18, 2014) –
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today publicly released Kinoma® Connect, a home media streaming app free for download for iOS and Android. With Kinoma Connect, favorite podcasts, music, videos and photos can be played to smart TVs and connected speakers that support DLNA, the most widely adopted home streaming standard in the world.
Kinoma Connect supports home streaming industry standards exclusively because consumers expect their electronics and mobile devices to work together in the home. The app is designed to eliminate the guesswork of which electronics support DLNA by automatically searching the home network to discover compatible devices each time it’s launched.
Innovations for streaming music and more
Kinoma Connect offers new consumer experiences with media in the home.
- Podcast hurdles eliminated: Kinoma Connect streams podcasts, bypassing the need to subscribe, download and manage podcasts. The app makes it simple to browse, search, and play favorite and newly discovered podcasts from an extensive catalog of more than 6,500 podcasts.
- Lightning-fast music: Consumers want to stream music to their home’s connected speakers and smart TVs, but slow start-up and buffering have led to a frustrating experience. Kinoma Connect begins streaming music almost instantly. With Kinoma Connect, it’s just as convenient to play videos shot with a phone or tablet onto DLNA-capable TVs, Blu-Ray Disc players, and media streamers.
- Easy, beautiful navigation: Kinoma Connect makes home media streaming simple and fun with its fast, responsive, and fluid user interface focused on content exploration. A sidebar provides fast access to every part of the app with a single swipe. Large and colorful navigation elements make one-handed navigation a breeze.
- Pan and zoom photos: A world first in DLNA mobile-to-TV functionality, users can pan and zoom around photos on their smart TVs. While common on phones and tablets, manipulating pictures in this way on smart TVs hasn’t been possible until now.
“Kinoma Connect is the first consumer app we’ve developed with our new version of the Kinoma open software platform, demonstrating the platform’s ability to orchestrate products and their companion apps,” said Peter Hoddie, Marvell’s Kinoma VP. “Marvell-powered mobile and connected entertainment devices are critical components of Marvell’s ‘Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle’ strategy, which Kinoma Connect advances with a mobile app that enhances existing home entertainment systems.”
Kinoma Connect is available free for download for iOS and Android, and works on both phones and tablets.
Screenshots, icons and other related media are available for download: kinoma.com/media
To tweet this news, copy: Need a better way to stream to your TV and speakers? Kinoma Connect now released for all, for free. #app @marvellsemi @kinoma
The Kinoma group creates great consumer electronics products, and helps others rapidly prototype and create products themselves. The tightly integrated design and engineering team is situated within semiconductor giant Marvell. Marvell acquired Kinoma in 2010 because of the team’s proven heritage in software architected for high performance on everything from phones and tablets, to the “Internet of Things” (IoT). For more information, visit kinoma.com.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma software enabling the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle.” From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world’s most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, Kinoma are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Marvell In The News
- 64bit Quad-Core SoC Targets Enterprise Printers, 3D Markets
- Marvell Unleashes Most Advanced Printer System-On-Chip, to Allow More Powerful 3D Printing
- FMS 2015: Lite-On Showcases EP2, CX2 PCIe Gen 3 x4 SSDs