Marvell Showcases End-to-End Solutions for "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle" at COMPUTEX 2014
From Internet of Things and Kinoma for Smart Home, 4G LTE mobile devices, SSD-class storage, cloud infrastructure and other consumer applications, Marvell continues to drive innovation for global consumers
Santa Clara, California (June 3, 2014) – SANTA CLARA, Calif. (June 3, 2014) – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today announced that it will showcase its industry-leading suite of solutions – from Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and Kinoma® for Smart Home, 4G LTE mobile devices, SSD-class storage to networking and other consumer solutions – with leading original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and original design manufacturers (ODM), who together are enhancing the "Smart Life, Smart Lifestyle" of consumers worldwide, at COMPUTEX 2014, being held Tuesday, June 3, to Friday, June 6, in Taipei, Taiwan.
"Marvell is leading and driving the 'Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle' globally. Since the founding of our company, Marvell has successfully delivered end-to-end silicon and software solutions from mobile communications to storage, Internet of Things for Smart Home, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. "We are very proud to enable leading global OEMs and ODMs with innovative and affordable products for the mass market and pleased to showcase our latest solutions such as home automation for Smart Home at COMPUTEX this year. I'm very thankful to our talented global team of engineers for their effort, dedication and continued excellence in designing and delivering innovative solutions that power optimal consumer experiences worldwide."
Innovative New IoT Solutions
- Marvell will showcase its IoT solutions with one of the industry's most complete line of wireless microcontroller platform solutions. The new wireless product family, featuring Marvell’s EZ-Connect software platform, includes the MW300 Wi-Fi microcontroller, the MB300 Bluetooth microcontroller and the MZ100 ZigBee microcontroller. These best-in-class silicon solutions leverage Marvell’s decade-long leadership in developing embedded wireless solutions, including Marvell's successful Kinoma® platform for connected devices and IoT. Marvell’s new offerings are specifically designed to make it easy for OEMs to rapidly bring new, innovative IoT applications to market.
Secure and Robust Storage Solutions
- Marvell Solidifies Leadership in SSD Market with Introduction of PCIe SSD Controller Supporting SATA Express – The Marvell 88SS1083 PCI Express (PCIe) solid state drive (SSD) controller —a two-lane PCIe Gen2 SSD controller. With performance transfer rates up to 1GB/s, Marvell's 88SS1083 controller allows SSD manufacturers to offer PCIe SSD at price parity to SATA SSD. The Marvell 88SS1083 is the industry's first controller to be fully compliant with the SATA Express standard, which leverages the most popular PCIe interface and brings in low latency, dual-lane support and 1GB/s data transfer rate.
- Marvell's Groundbreaking LDPC Technology Enables TLC NAND Flash with New Generation SATA Controller – The Marvell 88SS1074 is the fifth generation SATA SSD controller, designed to significantly improve total storage system cost while delivering high performance and low power consumption.
- Marvell will demonstrate its latest storage solutions for the cold / cloud storage and network video recorder (NVR) markets, respectively. Marvell’s 88SE9485 and 88SE9235 I/O controllers and 88SM9705 6Gb/sec port multipliers provide the low power, high capacity and cost effective solutions for the cold/cloud storage market. The company’s 88RC9580 RAID controller provides high performance hardware RAID for multi-bay video surveillance systems with flexible support across multiple CPU hosts, while its 88SE9235/9215 SATA controllers' fully programmable high speed PHY enables the high signal quality and reliability while ensuring video data security.
Fast and Reliable Cloud Infrastructure
- Marvell will showcase its latest cloud infrastructure offerings, including enterprise network and service provider network solutions. Additionally, Marvell’s strategic collaboration with Oliver Solutions, the leading provider of software defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) software for access networks, will be on display. This new offering, based on the Marvell AVANTA® LP SoC product line and the Oliver Solutions accessFlowCable, will address Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) equipment of Ethernet Passive Optical Networks (EPON) and Gigabit-capable Passive Optical Networks (GPON).
Further Building Marvell’s Momentum of Industry-Leading 4G LTE Solutions: Empowering the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle” with Mass Market Smartphones
- This year continues to be a big one for 4G LTE deployment in the global mass market. From making the world’s first Voice Over TD-LTE call to completing carrier certification in the largest mobile operators in North America and Asia, Marvell has played an integral part in the increased development of worldwide 4G LTE adoption. At COMPUTEX, Marvell will showcase its 4G LTE leadership by demonstrating high performing, low cost smartphones from global OEMs / ODMs and carriers. Specifically, Marvell will have phones from China Mobile, Yulong Coolpad, Lenovo, Hisense and more.
Enhancing Marvell’s “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle” Offerings with Kinoma Platform
- Kinoma Connect, a home media streaming app free for download for iOS and Android, enables playback of favorite podcasts, music, videos and photos on Smart TVs and connected speakers that support DLNA, the most widely adopted home streaming standard in the world.
About Marvell ###
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma® software enabling the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle.” From mobile communications to storage, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell’s diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world’s most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, Kinoma, AVANTA, and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. EZ-Connect is a trademark of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.