Health, Safety & Wellness
The health of our employees, contractors and vendors is paramount for Marvell. We have strong policies, programs and protocols in place to ensure we are enabling these individuals to be as healthy, safe and well as possible.
Health & Safety
Marvell is committed to protecting the health and safety of everyone engaged in our activities. Marvell’s policies, controls and internal reporting practices require our employees, contractors and vendors to uphold this obligation.
Marvell strives for zero work related injuries and works continuously to reduce workplace hazards and risks. Our US recordable incident rate for the 2020 calendar year was 0.21 incidents per 100 full-time employees and our lost-time incident rate was 0.03 incidents per 100 employees.
We undertake a range of activities to uphold health & safety protections:
- Proactive programs - Marvell’s guiding principle is that every employee, contractor and vendor is entitled to a safe and healthy work environment. In accordance with this standard, Marvell has developed an Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IPP). The Program is intended to establish an organized system to identify and correct workplace hazards. Moreover, the purpose of the Program is to enable Marvell to comply with state, federal and other requirements. As creating a safe and healthy work atmosphere is the responsibility of all employees, contractors and vendors, Marvell proactively conducts classroom training, provides Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and actively encourages everyone to report workplace hazards.
- Training - Marvell offers on-line and classroom instruction to ensure employees, contractors and vendors are well-versed in preserving a healthy working environment. Topics consist of, but are not limited to: Ergonomics, First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillators (AED), and Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) training. Most importantly, employees, contractors and vendors are encouraged to report unusual conditions so a thorough investigation may be conducted to ensure everyone’s well-being.
- Maintenance - Managers are responsible for the general maintenance, upkeep and instruction for equipment to which they are assigned. Managers maintain service contracts for machinery and train staff in accordance with tool operating procedures. In addition, the Facilities department maintains a comprehensive program for all vital infrastructure apparatus within the company. Facilities ensures the preventative maintenance and repair per manufacturer provisions are completed to specification. Machinery that is maintained by Facilities includes HVAC, Fire, Life and Safety, generators, power and electricity. All systems are properly cared for to ensure safety.
- Reporting of hazards - Marvell fosters an environment for all individuals to report safety vulnerabilities so the concern may be examined thoroughly and completely. The available means for reporting health or work-related exposures are varied. Individuals may submit concerns to their manager, through Marvell’s “Service Now” platform, through the company’s ConcernLine, or by direct outreach to Corporate Safety and Security, Facilities, Legal/Compliance or Human Resources. The collective entities will coordinate and investigate each claim and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Emergency action plans - Marvell has a wide range of emergency action plans, such as the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan, Hazard Materials Business Plan, and Flood Emergency Plan. Collectively, the plans are designed for preparedness and response in the event of a disaster or emergency.
Read our Environment, Health & Safety Policy.
Our goal is to provide employees with relevant resources and programs to support their personal wellness journey and that of their family. Marvell works hard to provide comprehensive and affordable coverage to all our employees. We are proud to offer a benefits package that encourages work-life balance, personal well-being and financial wellness.
Each year, we analyze healthcare data from our medical vendors to better understand in what areas our employees and dependents may need additional support. We then plan benefit enhancements and wellness campaigns accordingly.
Our US employee benefits include:
- Healthcare Benefits - Medical, Dental and Vision plans. The supplemental programs that are offered include an on-line well-being application, access to free telemedicine, a diabetes prevention program, an autism support program, enhanced gender-affirming coverage, a cancer care program, infertility coverage, and a “second opinion” resource.
- Financial Benefits -Health Saving Account with employer funding, Day Care FSA, Health Care FSA and Limited Health Care FSA, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability and Buy-Up, Life and AD&D Insurance, Critical Illness, and group legal plans. We also offer a generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan and 401(k) program. The 401(k) program includes an employer match of $5,000 and the option to contribute to a pre-tax, ROTH and After-tax including an In-Plan ROTH conversion option.
- Family Support Benefits - 12 weeks of fully paid bonding leave and family care leave, $10,000 towards adoption and surrogacy fees, backup child, adult and pet care, tutoring reimbursement, day care discount, an enhanced EAP with counseling, coaching, digital courses, and commuter benefits. Care.com membership, senior care planning, employee discount portal, tuition reimbursement, employee referral program and a child development resource for caregivers are provided.
- Time Off Benefits - Flexible Vacation and Flexible Time Off, Floating Holidays, Sick Time, 10 Paid Holidays, and an annual company-wide shut-down. Additional time off benefits include 10-20 days of Bereavement Leave and unlimited Jury Duty.
See more details on our US employee benefits on our Marvell Benefits website: https://marvellbenefits.com/
Marvell has responded vigorously to the Covid pandemic, establishing a global Covid response management team, implementing rigorous cleaning and sanitizing practices, adopting office safety policies and protocols and adopting a number of other actions, including the following:
- Working from home - Marvell instituted work-from-home policies for most of its employees, in accordance with applicable guidance from public health authorities. Marvell also assisted employees by providing essential items, as needed, to be effective in performing their jobs from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Health checks - Marvell implemented temperature and other health measures in offices where employees are deemed critical to infrastructure and product development, and are still required to work in a Marvell office.
- In-office adjustments - The company has deployed acrylic screens for high exposure areas to personnel (i.e., Reception), signage for limiting conference room capacity, and spaces (6ft in distance) for lines with entrances and exits.
- Pandemic sick leave - Marvell provided employees with pandemic-specific paid sick leave in addition to our regular sick leave policies.
- Promoting health during the pandemic - Marvell offered resources and other assistance to employees regarding COVID-19 and related mental health matters. During the COVID-19 pandemic, all active full-time and part-time employees are eligible for reimbursement for an on-line fitness membership of their choice.
- COVID-19 vaccination onsite drive-thru clinics at our Santa Clara office.