Marvell Showcases Complete Solutions for the Digital Lifestyle at PT/Expo Comm China 2012
Marvell highlights end-to-end silicon solutions for Smart TVs, mobile devices, cloud computing and ubiquitous connectivity to deliver superior digital lifestyle experience
Beijing and Santa Clara, Calif.
(September 19, 2012) –
Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) today announced it will showcase a comprehensive suite of high-performance solutions and a range of mobile and smart home devices to support consumers’ always-connected lifestyles at the PT/Expo Comm China 2012, being held from Sept. 18-22 in Beijing. Marvell's exhibitions/display, located at 1A Hall Booth 101, include cutting-edge LTE technology and advanced single unified mobile solutions for smartphones and tablets supporting Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) and Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA). Marvell will also demonstrate an array of Smart home solutions including Android TV, LED lighting, home cloud solutions and G.hn reference designs, as well as industry-leading flash-based innovations.
“Marvell is proud to drive the new era of the digital lifestyle enabling seamless integration among three key platforms – from smart mobile devices to smart TVs to the cloud infrastructure with all major China operators. We’re also proud of our accomplishments with the Chinese mobile ecosystem to raise the technology bar and enable the mainstream adoption of high-quality, high-performance and affordable 3G smartphones in China,” said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. “We’re excited to enable over a billion consumers in China with always-on, always-connected end-to-end solutions for smart homes and smart cities, all working together to connect businesses and families around the world and having a profound impact on our everyday life.”
Industry’s Strongest TD-SCDMA and LTE Technology Lineup
As a key contributor in the development of the TD-SCDMA standard and a critical technology provider enabling the move to LTE, Marvell is the unparalleled leader in the China TD market. Currently powering tens of millions of devices from leading smartphone manufacturers, Marvell is also providing a unified 3G platform that supports both TD-SCDMA and WCDMA, greatly simplifying design cycles, reducing unnecessary cost and allowing original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to provide high-performance, affordable smartphones and tablets to the global mass market.
At PT Expo Comm China 2012, Marvell will showcase its industry-leading suite of integrated silicon solutions for the mobile market, including:
- The Marvell® PXA988 and PXA986: The Marvell PXA988 and PXA986 are industry-leading single-chip application and communications processor System-on-Chips (SoCs) built on an identical advanced, unified 3G platform, enabling global OEMs to lower their development cost and serve the growing mobile market with companion R8 TD-SCDMA and global R7 WCDMA solutions. With pin-to-pin compatibility OEMs can leverage the same printed circuit board (PCB) and ID designs, and operating system, application and multimedia software to address both the WCDMA and TD-SCDMA markets, which is expected to greatly simplify design cycles and reduce unnecessary cost. The 3G platform is also equipped with Marvell’s latest wireless technology (Wi-Fi + Bluetooth + FM radio + Near Field Communications (NFC) + GPS), RF transceivers and integrated PMIC solutions.
- The Marvell PXA1802: The Marvell PXA1802 LTE thin-modem combines Marvell’s leading silicon and cellular expertise to provide the state-of-art mobile broadband connectivity for a multitude of consumer devices, such as high-performance, low-power smartphones, tablet devices, mobile hotspot devices and laptops. With support for 2G, 3G and 4G mobile broadband modem technologies, including China’s current TD-SCDMA network, WCDMA and next-generation Time-Division Duplex-Long-Term Evolution (TDD-LTE) and Frequency Division Duplex-Long-Term Evolution (FDD-LTE) networks, on a single chip that is fully backward compatible. The Marvell PXA1802 is the industry’s leading LTE modem chipset to support next-generation LTE standards with Category 4 150Mbps (megabits-per-second) downlink throughput and Release 8 TD-SCDMA HSPA+. The fully approved Marvell PXA1802 platform also went through comprehensive testing on China Mobile’s TD network.
- The Marvell PXA920 Family: The Marvell PXA920 family is an advanced, highly integrated 3G platform with TD-SCDMA and GSM / EDGE communication support designed for multimedia-centric handsets that powers the industry’s most comprehensive TD-SCDMA portfolio, including 22 popular TD smartphones. Combining an advanced, high-performance, low-power Marvell application processor with Marvell's proven 3G technology, the PXA920 family of communications processors is designed to enable high-performance Web browsing, streaming video, 3D gaming and other popular mobile phone features. With support for Linux / Android and other major mobile operating systems, the PXA920 family is designed to deliver high-quality, thin-and-light smartphones at attractive price points.
With a comprehensive suite of fully immersive, high-performance, end-to-end SoC solutions for always-on multimedia entertainment and smart energy, at PT Expo Comm China, Marvell will showcase its success in eliminating the obstacles that prevent the intersection of exceptional performance, total mobility and optimal energy conservation. Marvell’s robust portfolio of Smart home solutions is supported by three key technologies: seamless connectivity, high-performance video delivery, and highly reliable and secure cloud technology. Highlights at the show include:
- Marvell’s Android TV Reference Design: Marvell’s revolutionary ARMADA® 1500-based Android TV reference design offers an exceptional television and multimedia experience for the next generation of Smart TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players and beyond. The reference design also integrates new media content from BesTV.
- Marvell’s LED Lighting Solutions: Marvell is at the forefront of innovative lighting technologies that remove major barriers to consumer adoption – light quality and dimming capabilities. Based on its advanced LED driver integrated circuits (ICs), microcontrollers and integrated control software technology, Marvell’s total system solutions are designed to allow lighting OEMs and original design manufacturers (ODMs) to quickly build high-performance and affordable LED lighting products.
- Marvell’s Home Cloud Solutions: Marvell’s Home Server initiative is designed to enable an affordable, low-power platform with plug-and-play installation that connects home digital devices seamlessly and provides easy remote access. Marvell’s total bundle solution – highly integrated SoCs, advanced 802.11n, Wi-Fi, G.hn solution, PHY, power management and switch – make it simple for OEMs to quickly design a system, resulting in faster time to market and reduced development cost. Marvell also has built a strong software ecosystem that enables third-party software companies to develop consumer applications on Marvell Home Servers. The server's low-power, always-on connectivity enables a new generation of remote cloud services, including smart energy management, remote control & monitor, content sharing and other personalized entertainment.
- Marvell’s G.hn Reference Design: Marvell’s 1Gbps ITU G.hn standard compliant transceiver chipset supports home networking over powerline, phoneline / twisted-pair or coax cables. The chipset is comprised of the Marvell 88LX3142 digital baseband processor and the Marvell 88LX2718 baseband analog front-end. In addition to the G.hn PHY, MAC and DLL, the Marvell 88LX3142 integrates a powerful CPU and a rich set of serial interfaces in a cost-effective design. With a built-in pass-through power socket and robust connectivity, the Marvell G.hn GE-DW360F has been designed to offer a complete solution and achieve unmatched user experience across high-definition IPTV networks. With a full ITU-T G.hn stack protocol and a powerful software API, its transmission speed makes it the reference design of choice for home performance-intensive multi-media streaming applications.
The exponential growth of big data and the rise of mobile computing and data-hungry applications are driving consumers and enterprises to increasingly embrace flash memory. At the show, Marvell will demonstrate its cutting-edge innovations, including:
- The Marvell DragonFly™ Platform:Marvell’s innovative DragonFly platform combines Marvell's SoC technology with its newly designed circuit boards and plugs directly into commercially available servers with a PCIe slot. The result is a leading-edge systems solution that can achieve 10-100x lower latency and improved server I/O performance, while reducing power, space and storage capital costs in the datacenter.
- OCZ Z-Drive R5 Powered by Marvell: The Z-Drive R5 features a jointly developed “Kilimanjaro" OCZ and Marvell native PCIe to NAND flash controller platform based on the Marvell 88NV9145 silicon, allowing for completely scalable performance and redundancy while eliminating the need for a separate storage controller, thus reducing the cost to deploy high-performance solid state storage systems in the data center.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell's diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure, including enterprise, metro, home and storage networking. As used in this release, the term “Marvell” refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.
Marvell, ARMADA and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. DragonFly is a trademark of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.