NITROX® V, the newest members of the market leading NITROX family delivers unprecedented performance for security in the enterprise and virtualized cloud data centers. The NITROX V security processor family integrates up to 288 purpose-built security cores with high performance compression engines and virtualization hardware with PCI-Express Gen 3 and Interlaken interfaces. The NITROX V Security Processor family with its unique combination of performance, features and interfaces, provides an excellent solution to the data center security and compression challenges.
The NITROX product line is the industry leading security processor family designed into cloud data center servers and networking equipment, enterprise and service provider equipment including servers, Application Delivery Controllers, UTM Gateways WAN Optimization Appliances, routers, and switches. NITROX V family fortifies Cavium’s position in security processor market as this family provides 3- 10 times greater performance than alternative solutions within the same power envelope.
- Up to 288 RISC Security Cores – Support up to 100Gbps of security performance simultaneously with 120K RSA Ops/sec for 2048 bit keys or 300K P256 ECC Multiply Ops/sec.
- Compression Engines - Enhanced Compression/decompression acceleration – 100 Gbps. Support for GZIP, PKZIP, Inflate and Deflate algorithms. Also includes support for LZS Compression that is widely used for Storage applications.
- High bandwidth IO – Supports 100 Gbps of traffic. PCI-Express Gen3 x8 and Interlaken x8 interfaces.
- Virtualization support – Single Root IO Virtualization (SR-IOV) feature with up to 256 Virtual Function support.
- Latest security features – Supports a wide variety of protocols including IPsec, SSL, TLS 1.x, DTLS and ECC Suite B. Also supports a wide variety of algorithms including several variants of AES, 3DES, SHA-2, SHA-3, RSA 2048, RSA 4096, RSA 8192, ECC p256/p384/p521, Kasumi, ZUC and SNOW 3G.
- Drivers for Linux, DPDK (userspace), FreeBSD, KVM and XEN available with Software Development Kit
- Modified stacks such as OpenSSL, KAME, strongSwan, zlib and others available with Software Development kit
Product Comparison Chart
|Device||Data Interface||p256 ECC Ops/sec||RSA 2048 Ops/sec||Full IPsec Processing||Full SSL Record Processing||p256 ECC Ops/sec|
|CNN5530-550-C20||1x PCIe Gen3x8 1x ILK 8 x 10G||45,000||
|CNN5560-550-C30||1x PCIe Gen3x8 1x ILK 8 x 10G||90,000||35,000||30Gbps||30Gbps||30Gbps|
|CNN5560-750-C40||1x PCIe Gen3x8 1x ILK 8 x 10G||125,000||50,000||40Gbps||40Gbps||40Gbps|
|CNN5560-900-C50||1x PCIe Gen3x8 1x ILK 8 x 10G||150,000||60,000||50Gbps||50Gbps||50Gbps|
|CNN5580-900-C100||2x PCIe Gen3x8 2x ILK 8 x 10G||300,000||120,000||100Gbps||100Gbps||100Gbps|