The Marvell® 88Q5072 is a first generation high-port count Automotive Ethernet switch with an 11-port Ethernet gigabit capacity. It is fully compliant with the IEEE 802.3 automotive standard delivering high-performance with low power consumption.
The 88Q5072 offers 7 integrated IEEE 100BASE-T1 PHYs, with 6 fixed as 100BASE-T1 ports. The 7th port is configurable as 1x IEEE 100BASE-TX PHY, 2x Multi-Speed SerDes (1/2.5/5 Gbps) or SGMII port, 1x RGMII or MII/RMII/GMII , 1xPCIe or SerDes. It also offers local and remote management capabilities, providing easy access and configuration of the device.
This 88Q5072 includes a high-performance ARM® Cortex M7 CPU with dedicated on-chip memory to support AVB protocols such as Precision Time Protocol (PTP) and security firewall to protect from external malicious attacks. It employs advanced routing engine to support Gigabit routing of the incoming packets without the CPU intervention. It offers the highest level of security with deep packet inspection (DPI) techniques, Denial of Service (DoS) engine and Trusted Boot functionality to secure the vehicle networks.
- Integrated ARM Cortex-M7 CPU, 350MHz
- Advanced security features including deep packet inspection engine, dedicated DoS (Denial of Service Engine) and multiple keys for Secure Boot
- Hardware support for Layer 3 Static routing
- Low power consumption for integrated 100BASE-T1 PHYs and switch cores
- Fast PCI Express Interface connection to the host
- AEC-Q100 Grade 2 qualified
- TC10 Compliance for Sleep/Wake functionality
- Central Gateway
- In-Vehicle Infotainment
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Body domain controller