Marvell Unleashes AVANTA For the Entertainment Industry; BEYOND DEMAND: Bringing Home the Dream of Ultra High-Speed Broadband
An Evolutionary, Disruptive New Technology for Ultra High-Speed, High-Capacity Broadband Media Delivery
Santa Clara, California
(April 20, 2010) –
Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today announced it will unveil its AVANTA™ family of optical broadband access solutions for the entertainment industry.
- AVANTA represents a drastic leap forward in online and on demand content in the evolution of broadband advancement.
- AVANTA is designed to enhance, expand and accelerate the quality and speed of internet connectivity giving users up to 100 times the bandwidth and speed of what is currently available.
- AVANTA is designed to provide the seamless interactive, online multimedia entertainment that has been the dream of end-users since the first leap from dial-up to DSL and cable modem.
- AVANTA surpasses the existing technical and bandwidth limitations to deliver media 'beyond demand.
- AVANTA allows superior levels of rich media delivery to all consumers.
- AVANTA becomes the single point of entry for data to the home allowing for multiple users and streams all with the same lightning fast upload and download speeds.
This new solution is designed to allow multiple users in a single location to experience multimedia rich applications concurrently. Consumers can download their favorite movies, play multi-user online games, enjoy high definition video conferencing, experience unbeatably fast Internet access and telephony, and experience excellent quality without delays, disruption or lost connections.
AVANTA was developed to provide ultra high-speed Internet access to enable HD and 3D entertainment being accessible on demand, and to provide consumers with the full potential of online entertainment.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications, and consumer silicon solutions. The company's diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless, and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure including enterprise, metro, home, and storage networking. As used in this release, the terms "company" and "Marvell" refer to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit http://www.marvell.com.
Marvell and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. AVANTA is a trademark of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.