Marvell Announces Ultra-Low-Power 40nm Quad 10GBASE-T PHYs
With robust performance and Energy Efficient Ethernet support, devices offer compelling connectivity solutions for next-generation cloud architectures
Santa Clara, California (May 11, 2011) – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today announced the 88X3140 and 88X3120 Alaska™ X PHYs, designed to offer breakthrough benefits to switch, server and storage customers.
The quad-port 88X3140 and dual-port 88X3120 deliver 10G Ethernet connectivity over twisted-pair copper cabling. Signature benefits include low latency, low operating power, robust immunity to interference and advanced power management features, including support for Energy Efficient Ethernet. With power consumption of 2.5W per port at 100m of reach, the devices are ideal for high-density applications. In addition, Marvell has developed a reference design-based on the Marvell Prestera-CX switch-that supports up to 48 ports of 10GBASE-T in a 1RU form-factor. Marvell will demonstrate this design at Interop 2011 in Las Vegas.
- Marvell PHYs deliver lower power and deployment costs, which are the main drivers for 10GBASE-T adoption
- Marvell is a market leader in the Ethernet PHY market and is the first vendor to deliver production-quality 40nm 10GBASE-T PHYs
- Marvell offers a complete portfolio for public and private cloud infrastructures, with storage, PHYs, switches and CPU solutions
- Flexible interface options that include XFI, RXAUI and XAUI
- Various power-management capabilities that enable optimization of power consumption based on the cable plugged in. In "Datacenter Mode," the devices consume less than 1.5W per port.
- Paul Valentine, vice president of marketing for Marvell's Enterprise Business Unit, said, "The 88X3140 and 88X3120 devices offer ultra-low-power consumption that enables high-density solutions for the new public and private cloud infrastructures. Robustness and low power are critical requirements and Marvell continues in its leadership with the 40nm Quad 10GBASE-T PHY solutions."
- Marvell Online Press Kits: http://www.marvell.com/company/press_kit/
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications, and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell's diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless, and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure including enterprise, metro, home, and storage networking. As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.
Marvell M logo is registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.