88EA1512 10/100/1000BASE-T PHY
Marvell® 88EA1512 Gigabit Ethernet Transceivers are physical layer devices containing a single Gigabit Ethernet transceiver. The transceiver implements the Ethernet physical layer portion of the 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 10BASE-T standards.
The transceiver is qualified for automotive applications and is fully AECQ100 qualified. The part supports a wide range of automotive applications, including when RGMII (Reduced pin count GMII for direct connection) to Copper/Fiber/SGMII with Auto-Media Detect, RGMII to Copper, RGMII to SGMII/Fiber, and SGMII to Copper connection is required.
The 88EA1512 device has an integrated switching voltage regulator to generate all required voltages and can run off a single 3.3V supply; the device supports 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V LVCMOS I/O Standards. This device uses advanced mixed-signal processing to perform equalization, echo and crosstalk cancellation, data recovery, and error correction at a gigabit per second data rate. The 88EA1512 achieves robust performance in noisy environments with very low power dissipation.
- AEC-Q100 Grade 2 qualified
- 56-pin QFN package, 0.5 mm pitch, 8mmx8mm
- Reduces the PHY latency (transmit and receive) by up to 40 percent compared to non-optimized designs
- Total (RX+TX) latency < 400 ns (for both 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T modes with 1518 byte frames)
- EEE Support (IEEE 802.3az)
- IEEE 1588v2 support with hardware acceleration
- Offers 16 PHY addresses for easier programming
- Automotive infotainment systems
- Advanced driver assist systems
- Automotive diagnostics
- Body electronics