As the world moves to 5G to power our increased demand for high speed mobile connectivity, innovative silicon infrastructure solutions are required to deploy these new technologies and capabilities.
Today, Marvell-powered 3G and 4G solutions provide cellular coverage to over a billion people worldwide. To ensure end-to-end, secure and instantaneous interoperability, at optimized cost and power, Marvell is leveraging decades of integration expertise with an unparalleled portfolio of baseband DSPs, Arm-based multi-core SoCs, purpose-built hardware accelerators, Ethernet connectivity and system-level security solutions.
Seamless, high-speed and secure connectivity is critical between the edge and core as wireless base stations, micro cells, connected cars, smart cities and automated factories are all becoming increasingly intelligent and unleashing new, revolutionary 5G use cases. Large scale 5G networks require entirely new, highly integrated system architectures, spanning the network’s radio, edge and core.
End-to-End 5G Ready Portfolio
In highly distributed, ultra-low latency networks, decisions are increasingly made autonomously at the edge versus the core. Marvell is at the forefront via multi-access edge computing solutions with advanced application processors, secure switches and PHYs for edge analytics, threat detection and autonomous decision making. The Marvell 5G New Radio (NR) Platform includes:
- Radio Access SoCs – The award-winning Marvell® OCTEON Fusion-M® product line is optimized for cost/power and programmable with a 3GPP protocol stack split and massive MIMO capabilities.
- Transport /EPC Core Processors – Multi-core Marvell® OCTEON® processors power the transport layer of over 10 million base-stations around the world today. Designed to address the most demanding use cases of 5G NR, our scalable data-place acceleration makes Marvell embedded processors ideal for 5G Core/EPC applications at the heart of the network.
- Ethernet Networking – Leveraging our leadership in Ethernet switching and physical layer devices, Marvell has extended our system-level expertise to encompass switches and PHYs in carrier infrastructure networks.
- ThunderX2 Arm-based Server – With increasing emphasis on NFV and cloud deployments, the Marvell® ThunderX2® server processor is workload optimized and pivotal for the deployment of next generation carrier networks.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – With industry leading 8x8 and 4x4 Wi-Fi 6 solutions, our robust, fully certifiable and complete 802.11ax engines include full MU-MIMO and OFDMA uplink and downlink, multi-gigabit peak speeds, precision location, cloud management, best-in-class beamforming and integrated Bluetooth® 5 technology.
Looking for more information?
Get in touch with us to learn more about our End-to-End solutions for 5G Infrastructure DeploymentsRequest Information