The Marvell 88RC9548 and 88RC9580 are a four-port and an eight-port 6Gb/s SAS/SATA RAID-on-Chip (ROC) respectively that provide an PCI Express 2.0 host interface and incorporates an ARM-based processor, RAID 5/6 and CRC32 engines and internal SRAM and DDR3 memory interfaces optimized for advanced RAID topologies. Both the 88RC9548 and the 88RC9580 support Serial Attached SCSI 2.0 (SAS 2.0) and the SATA protocol defined in the Serial ATA, Revision 3.0 specification. Leveraging the high-performance SAS/SATA PHYs and a self-configuring PCI Express core, each of the PHYs is capable of 1.5, 3 and 6Gb/s SAS and SATA link rates and PCI Express running backward compatibility to PCIe 1.1.
- Embedded high performance ARM CPU
- PCIe 2.0 Compliant
- Support for 4- 8 6Gb/s SAS/SATA ports
- RAID offload engines
- Integrated XOR engines
- Native SATA 3G/6G interface
- NCQ Support
- Flexible SATA ports support, internal or external SATA links
- eSATA Support
- Programmable Signaling Levels
- NVSRAM Interface
- SPI Flash Interface
Marvell RAID-on-Chip solutions are targeted for RAID HBA, storage array and Cloud storage servers as well as PCIe SSD applications.
- 88RC9580 (PCIe 2.0 x8 to 8 SAS/SATA 6 Gb/s ports RAID-on-Chip Controller)
- 88RC9548 (PCIe 2.0 x8 to 4 SAS/SATA 6 Gb/s ports RAID-on-Chip Controller)